OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Anyone know much about cloudy eggs? One hen is finally laying again, but her eggs have about half of the whites clear and half cloudy. Is it because they might be partially frozen, are they still good to eat?
I think so. I get some like that on days temps are freezing. You can still eat them but don’t scramble them. For some reason it doesn’t work right after being frozen.

Hi everyone! I'm new. Really new... My first chickens are coming as soon as the weather cooperates. I'm getting them from Rent-a-Chicken to see if I can really do this! Anyone else here from Stow?

Hello from Hocking CO! (an hour SE of Columbus). Picking up our first 12 chicks from Meyer Hatchery on March 6th. 4 RIR and 8 various Wyandottes, all hens. For now. Going to wait and see how well we manage this flock before adding a turkey and maybe some Guinea fowl.
**My family, my guy, 1 mastiff mix rescue, 1 hound rescue, and 1 bloodhound. My father bought the house next to mine, so I care for him full time. He has dementia. Hoping the chicks will give him some incentive to get out of the house and be active.**

Back
Top Bottom