OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

we are here in elmore/toledo area, added another section to our coop this spring and have a hen setting due to hatch anytime now, and 6 2 month old white javas plus, 1 1/2 year old barred rock,delawares,RIR,and black australorps, 2 white silkies (1 hen 1 roo)and 2 japanese black bantam hens. And we still need more room. Does it ever end??????
Hello all!

For all the peeps in Ohio. I ahve a question. I am about to order some critically endangered Buckeye chickens. I am in the Canton are. I can only order a group of twelve and do not need twelve would anyone be interested? I will keep two or three and the rest will sell. This is a very unique dual purpose breed started in Ohio many years ago and is in danger of extinction. I will deliver for an additional gas fee to anyone near Canton that would like some. Anyone interested in preserving this breed, they are descent layers of brown eggs too.
cool.png

I am from Fairborn Oh, you know Wright Patterson Air Force Base??? Near Dayton in Greene County. I have 4 dogs, 1- 8 1/2 year old American Bulldog named Newt, 1- 1 1/2 year old Bullmastiff named Ellie, 1- 5 year old English Bulldog named Bertha, and 1- 6 month old pug named Toby (he is 4 sale). We also have 1 showgirl Roo... 3 Standard Bronze turkeys (1 tom and 2 hens) 4 Blue slate turkeys (1 tom, 2 blue hens, 1 lavender hen) Several turkey eggs in the bator, and 2 bronze poults that we hatched out of our bronze trio. Looking for Silkie, frizzle, showgirl hens...maybe turkey hens too... Our dogs live with us, the birds live on my parents farm, since Fairborn says no to poultry
sad.png
Anyone near me?

Cedar Point area here, big 4-Hers with a problem this year. We have lost most of our chickens to raiders and looking for some replacements. Anyone with Welsummers under a year willing to help would be so welcomed. We live in an unincorporated town about 30 min. from the point, and have a zoo! Ferrets are my prize so I adopt whenever possible, 5 at present. 4 dogs, and many stray cats have found homes here. Life time Buckeye so far! Mom, Dad, 2 teens & a 21er and the rest of the zoo. Bring 'em on!
wink.png

Last edited:
Westerville, Ohio (Central Ohio)

1st time chick owner...just got 3...an Americuauna, Silver Laced Wyandotte, and Buff Orpington.

Go Bucks!

If there's anyone else in central Ohio who knows of a place to get Diatomaceous Earth...lemme know!

welcome-byc.gif
!!! There are members on here who sell DE; I've bought some from them and it was excellent quality. Just can't remember their ID's...if you do a search on "food grade DE" you should be able to find them. Or start a thread and hopefully they'll respond.

Acre of Blessings sells DE, check her signature
wink.png

Also, Lowes sells organic certified DE in the 4# bag for about $9.00, check in the Lawn & Garden department.
Another place you can get it is Berlin Seeds in Millersburg, OH. It is $7.75 for 4# or $16.00 for 15# Phone is: 1-877-464-0892 or 1-330-893-2091. I get their catalogs and that is what it is listed for in there. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom