OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I hope all is well with your babies. I am lucky that mine are still in the eggs and not hatched out yet. It is 29 degrees out right now and I am 18 miles east of Columbus.
My polish are 6 weeks and a decent size so I'm not too worried about them. But my one rabbit has 3 very small babies and she's not the best mom.
Good morning Alley, Debbie, Becky, Henrietta! You all have a wonderful day! 🌹
Good morning! Hope your day is wonderful as well!
The temperature is going up its 31 degrees here and the sun is shining. :love:frow
It's 36° here so far. We had frost this morning on the plants.

Does anyone know of anywhere besides the chain stores where I can get some meat birds (Cornish X, Red Ranger, or similar) in NE Ohio? My local TSC doesn't have any and says they won't be getting them. I called Grace Brothers in North Royalton and they have chicks, but said they never get meat birds in. I would love to support the smaller stores, although I will go to a different TSC to get them if I need to.
Check out Meyer Hatchery they are about 40 minutes from Akron. FYI…every Tuesday the update the available chickes.

My polish are 6 weeks and a decent size so I'm not too worried about them. But my one rabbit has 3 very small babies and she's not the best mom.

Good morning! Hope your day is wonderful as well!

It's 36° here so far. We had frost this morning on the plants.
I hope that your baby rabbits made it alright. My Momma duck is still sitting tight. She has not left the nest but maybe to get a drink as the food does not look touched. How can they go so long without food I wonder???? Mark I hope you had a good day. I didn't get a chance to get on here until just now.

I bought them from Mt Healthy. But every farm store nearby had them this year I didn't know that until they sold out in many places.
Did you buy straight run or sexed ones? Have you ever had any fly off? They say ones from Hatcheries can't fly but mine always could. I didn't know if you pinioned them or not. I am looking at 2 Runners or Craigslist this weekend if they hatch out for a guy and they are not supposed to be able to fly so I don't think I will have to pinion them. I hope you had a good day Mark.

I hope that your baby rabbits made it alright. My Momma duck is still sitting tight. She has not left the nest but maybe to get a drink as the food does not look touched. How can they go so long without food I wonder???? Mark I hope you had a good day. I didn't get a chance to get on here until just now.
They seem to have. They are barely longer than my pinky finger at 4 days old.
It's crazy. I've had some hens that I had to take off the nest to eat and drink.

They seem to have. They are barely longer than my pinky finger at 4 days old.
It's crazy. I've had some hens that I had to take off the nest to eat and drink.
Wow, I didn't know people actually had to do that. I am afraid if I try to mess with her she will desert her nest but at the same time I don't want her to die being broody. I am glad your baby bunnies seem to be doing well. I have had them before and they grow pretty quickly. I have had Netherland dwarf/Dutch mixed babies. Good luck with yours.

Check out Meyer Hatchery they are about 40 minutes from Akron. FYI…every Tuesday the update the available chickes.
Funny you mention Meyer, as I just picked up these little fluff balls from there on Monday! Buff Orpington, Easter Egger, and Buckeye.
signal-2023-04-25-09-02-41-290.jpg

Unfortunately, they are sold out of meat birds still. Since asking that question you quoted, I caved and bought some Cornish X from TSC. They are 3.5 weeks old.

Did you buy straight run or sexed ones? Have you ever had any fly off? They say ones from Hatcheries can't fly but mine always could. I didn't know if you pinioned them or not. I am looking at 2 Runners or Craigslist this weekend if they hatch out for a guy and they are not supposed to be able to fly so I don't think I will have to pinion them. I hope you had a good day Mark.
I bought straight run. I already see a lot of females. :jumpy Good morning and have a wonderful day.

Back
Top Bottom