OK incubator??

kellyjo8437

Songster
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Dunnellon
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330402661023

The
manufacturer details say it's okay for chicken eggs, I'm not into heavy breeding it wont be for heavy duty usage. I have 2 newly acquired Silver Lace Polish Chickens and was looking to use it for them. Any thoughts? Thanks
smile.png

Thats a good incubator go ahead & put a PC fan in it, & you can always add to it like a turner, I have the same one but a lot older. nothing wrong with a HovaBator.

Quote:
What is a PC fan and what does it do? I saw the turner that fit it.... but for just one small breeding pair flipping them 3 times a day doesn't seem really hard for now, or are there other benefits to a turner?

I highly recommend the hovabator, any model. I have one from 1986 and a new one. The new one is still air. I use the turner for both because I don't have the discipline for hand turning. Silver laced polish are so striking. Enjoy! You will become addicted though.
love.gif

I have used this model my self. This was my first incubator. It is a good incubator for the price. If you get it you should change the wafer after every three or so hatches (or once a year) to keep a steady heat

Quote:
What is a PC fan and what does it do? I saw the turner that fit it.... but for just one small breeding pair flipping them 3 times a day doesn't seem really hard for now, or are there other benefits to a turner?

A PC fan is a computer fan & are about $10 or you may have one laying around, It keeps the air circulating inside the bator & makes it forced air insted of still air, which is a lot better, the fan kit for this bator from GQF will run about $30-$40 & the PC fan will do just as good.

Back
Top Bottom