ok.....mmmm.....where is the roos penis???

yuckyuck.gif
Guess I'll think twice before using this word to describe my griping!!!
lau.gif

you guys are so funny...
lol.png

Look what I found this is from Ohio State U

The Rooster

Sperm cells to fertilize the ovum are produced in the testes of the rooster. The testes are inside the body, attached approximately in the middle of the back. They are shaped like beans, and are cream colored in immature birds and white in mature birds.

When roosters reach about two-thirds of their mature body size, they are capable of producing sperm. Important factors in stimulating them to produce sperm are the number of hours of light each day and whether the time of exposure to light is increasing or decreasing. Natural lighting conditions in spring stimulate sperm production, and conditions in autumn depress production.

Sperm cells are carried to the outside of the rooster in a thick white fluid called semen. Semen is carried from the testis to the cloaca by a small tube called the vas deferens. Each vas deferens exits through a small sexual organ called a papilla.
Fertilization

When a bird is laying eggs, and a few days prior, she is receptive to mating. The male indicates his interest by courting behavior. If the female is receptive, she will crouch. The male steps on her back, squats down so that the vents can touch, and releases the semen. Sperm cells must then migrate the whole length of the female reproductive tract to join with the egg cell that is on the yolk. Fertilization must occur in the infundibulum. As a result, the blastodisc on the yolk becomes a blastoderm. During the 24 or more hours that the egg is being formed by the hen, the embryo completes several series of cell division. Instead of the one cell present at fertilization, the developing embryo has 256 cells when the egg is laid. Figure 1 shows the difference between the blastodisc of an infertile egg and the blastoderm of a fertile egg. After the egg cools to room temperature, development of the embryo stops.

look what else I found.......
caf.gif

male.gif

http://www.iacuc.arizona.edu/traini...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

Male Reproductive Organs & Urinary Tract
The male possesses two testes, along the back, near the anterior ends of the kidneys. They are elliptical shaped and light yellow in color.

Each ductus deferens opens into a small bump, or papilla, which is on the dorsal wall of the cloaca. The papilla serve as the copulatory organ.

The incorrectly named, "rudimentary copulatory organ" is located on the medial ventral portion of the cloaca and is used to classify the sex of baby chicks.

Quote:
Courting behavior??? No one ever told that to my boys, unless they consider grabbing a hen by the neck and pushing her face in the dirt courting behavior!
ep.gif

You know, there are some things I never thought about or even cared. Interesting I must admit and now I will never look at a chicken the same way again. Hahaha
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom