OK, Sevin dust, is it good or not?!

Yes, the risk probably goes up with a lower concentration................ What exactly do you feel isn't applicable about the MSDS information for the higher concentration?

Yes, the risk probably goes up with a lower concentration................ What exactly do you feel isn't applicable about the MSDS information for the higher concentration?

No, you have it backwards. The concentration of carbaryl is higher in sevin 10 (10% carbaryl,) 5% carbaryl in sevin 5 dust. I'm not disputing the info in the MSDS. I havnt seen sevin 10 dust in stores for years, it may have been taken off the market. Anyway, 10% sevin isnt needed to dust chickens/coops when the 5% will do the job.

No, you have it backwards. The concentration of carbaryl is higher in sevin 10 (10% carbaryl,) 5% carbaryl in sevin 5 dust. I'm not disputing the info in the MSDS. I havnt seen sevin 10 dust in stores for years, it may have been taken off the market. Anyway, 10% sevin isnt needed to dust chickens/coops when the 5% will do the job.
Yes 5% is fine, and the easiest to find, I never disputed that. I never was confused about which concentration is higher, or which you should use. My point is that if the only thing you have to worry about with 10% is tissue irritation, then I doubt you have to worry about anything other than that with 5%, either. That MSDS popped first in my google search, and since I drew the above conclusion, I never looked any further. If there is a MSDS for 5% that show infertility or cancer as a risk of exposure I will gratefully alter my position. You seem to be arguing with me that apple pucker and coconut rum are not the same thing, my argument is that if you only have to worry about drunkeness from the 30% alcohol in the rum, you only have to worry about drunkeness from the 15% pucker, and it will likely take more. Perhaps I should have spelled it out explicitly the first go round.

LOL, where did I ever say I was going to use 10%, have ever used it, would ever use it, am a proponent of using it? I don't drink either of those forms of alcohol, not necessary for the ingestion of an analogy, but I believe we are missing an ingredient that is necessary. For the clarity of others in case I have been unclear. 5% is the one to use, and based on the MSDS for the higher concentration of the same active ingredient, I think it is safe to infer that a dust mask and a shower after usage is all the protection you need, and you needn't worry about it building up and killing you.

LOL, where did I ever say I was going to use 10%, have ever used it, would ever use it, am a proponent of using it? I don't drink either of those forms of alcohol, not necessary for the ingestion of an analogy, but I believe we are missing an ingredient that is necessary. For the clarity of others in case I have been unclear. 5% is the one to use, and based on the MSDS for the higher concentration of the same active ingredient, I think it is safe to infer that a dust mask and a shower after usage is all the protection you need, and you needn't worry about it building up and killing you.

x2

Back
Top Bottom