OK so now I'm buying eggs!

chrissieg

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Glorious Devon, England
Just tell me I'm not alone!

Last week I had five chickens and a cockerel and was up to my ears in eggs. Sold/gave away the lot!

Thanks to the fox I'm now down to two chickens (one laying) and find I can't bring myself to eat the last of the fertile eggs
roll.png

The eggs in my incubator are on day 10 (bought in eggs) and I know I'm going to HAVE to do another 'last batch' when they come out as a tribute. I just hope some of them will still be viable.

I'm investing in serious fencing now - honest!

hugs.gif
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You said you have eggs in the bator...only on day 10...but you are saveing eggs from the last laying hen you have? This means you will have to save them for at least 11 days....and longer. I didnt know you could save them that long...but...I sure hope they hatch for you. And, I hope you get at least ONE roo, that looks just like his daddy.
love.gif

Can't you just add them into the bator now and keep turning them after you stop turning the others? You would have to mark them differently. This probably shows my ignorance......

Thanks for your support
frow.gif

I've got one hen still laying (hopefully) still fertile eggs, so if she keeps going some will be really fresh, and others not so..... but I STILL can't bring myself to eat them :|

Back
Top Bottom