Ok,this is weird!!

But the male's quacking sounds different from the female's quacking, right?
hide.gif

If they both quacked loudly at some point (I'm talking LOUD honking-like female quacks and not the soft raspy drake quacks), then they are both female. A mallard-derived drake will never make the sound a female makes, and a female will never make the sound a male makes. Period. The only time both males and females sound the same are when they are young and peeping.

That being said,ducks don't have just one quack sound. They have happy eating quacks, alarmed angry quacks, panicked quacks, soft content quacks, loud greeting quacks. My drakes will also do a whistling cough sound. Perhaps you are mistaking one of these for peeping. Mature ducks will never revert back duckling peeps.

The video below is an example of a female duck quack (disregard the goose and chicken sounds, focus on just the duck that is quacking)

These videos have some good drake sounds. They kind of sound like frogs. SOME female sounds are mixed in too, so focus on just the ones that you can actually see making noise.

:/

I've never heard of a duck reverting to peeping. Sorry we couldn't help in the 2 days this thread was active before you declared it dead.

That's ok,it's,just,you guys don't know wat I mean.
If they both quacked loudly at some point (I'm talking LOUD honking-like female quacks and not the soft raspy drake quacks), then they are both female. A mallard-derived drake will never make the sound a female makes, and a female will never make the sound a male makes. Period. The only time both males and females sound the same are when they are young and peeping.

That being said,ducks don't have just one quack sound. They have happy eating quacks, alarmed angry quacks, panicked quacks, soft content quacks, loud greeting quacks. My drakes will also do a whistling cough sound. Perhaps you are mistaking one of these for peeping. Mature ducks will never revert back duckling peeps.

The video below is an example of a female duck quack (disregard the goose and chicken sounds, focus on just the duck that is quacking)

These videos have some good drake sounds. They kind of sound like frogs. SOME female sounds are mixed in too, so focus on just the ones that you can actually see making noise.

Well,it's not peeping,buts it the sound that drakes make.

How old are they now? And does the one who you think is a female, is she definitely a female? What breed are they?

Mine are switching things up every so often... I understand what you're saying, btw. Could be they're just being 'them'. Not all ducks are typical.

Back
Top Bottom