OK to put a chicken coop under a tree?

divaskid

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Hello,

I'm new and was thinking of getting some chickens for my house (always wanted them and the family finally said ok, yay!). I don't really know much about them yet (still doing research) but was first seeing if I even have the right place to keep them.

There are two places in my yard that I have room to keep them. One is under a big mango tree with lots of room or another one is on the side yard with sun but a very small area.

Can I put the chicken coop under a big mango tree or does it need to be in the sun? I live in Hawaii so the weather is between 70-90 all year round if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the input
big_smile.png

Geva

Geva, I'd put it under the mango tree for sure. It will offer shade and keep the coop and pen a little cooler
smile.png

And welcome!!!!!!!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Washington

I think you should save the chickens from "Mango Overload Disorder" by sending them all to me.
roll.png

Imp- I mean the mangos
big_smile.png

Mine is right under a big oak tree.
smile.png
It is great and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
smile.png
Personally, I wouldn't mind lying around under that mango tree waiting for fruit to fall, myself!!!
love.gif

I concur with the group...Under the tree makes perfect sense to me!!!!

Shade = cooler... on hot days....

Also...Welcome to the best group on the net!!!!!

Edited to add on the welcome

Last edited:
Cool, the mango tree it is
wink.png

Thanks for all the help and all the welcomes as well!

Geva

PS would love to send mangos your way, unfortunately we rarely get any ourselves!
roll.png

Some day our tree will realize its a fruit tree and not a sitting pretty tree (personally I think the tree is just spoiled
lol.png
).

Back
Top Bottom