Okay, day 26! (some pics!)

zimmy

Songster
12 Years
Mar 24, 2007
Orlando
And, dunno why, but I've resigned myself to thinking that none of the eggs will hatch
hmm.png
Maybe because I automatically do this with everything-bring down my expectations so the results always are good or expected-so that if one chick hatches, I think my heart would explode with love and thanks. The temp went up for short amounts of time three times, not that much, lately. Only 2degrees above the recommended amount, but I was able to cool them off quick :3

There's also the incident on day 2, which I was sure fried them, but someone said to keep going anyways, and that maybe it didn't cook chickies.

I've heard of much more drastic success stories, so that's the only thing that's giving me hope right now... No peeping, no pipping yet...

Last edited:
Thanks...

OH. FUNNY STORY.

I got my little, five-year-old brother psyched up about the chicks a loooong while back, waaay before even the bator was built. So when the eggs got here, my mum picked him up from school early (not for the eggs, but...). I used to go to that school, so alot of the teachers knew me, and knew that Harrison was my brother.

So he runs down the hall when all the teachers are out yelling, "MY SISTER'S HAVING BABIES! MY SISTER'S HAVING BABIES!"
wee.gif
And my mom's running behind him yelling, "BABY CHICKS, BABY CHICKS!!!"
he.gif

OMIGOD OMIDUCKINGOD THERE ARE TWO PIPS!!!!!

I never knew that you could hear them so loudly through the shell!!

IT"S THREE IN THE FRICKEN MORNING BUT THERE ARE TWO PIPS!!!

I woke up earily again (last time I woke up at four, because of a dream about chickens). THIS TIME I woke up at 3:15, also dreaming about chickens. A bunch of them had pipped and a couple came out, but the incubator kept getting jostled around. So I woke up and was like, what the heck? I'll check on the temp.

I AM SOOOO GLAD I DID. It was up to 105 (heats coming back to Fl after two days of cold o.o), but I thought it said 110, so I was crying-:hitwhen I realised that the stupid thermometer only goes up to 106! If it was still on the marked lines, then it couldn't be over that! THEN I noticed the two tiny pips on two of them, and heard this little peep, and was peeping back through tears. I'm dandy now, just awake waaaaay too earily. NOT GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY, THAT'S FOR SURE!

It was weird-I went away for a minute, until I heard two HUGE bangs. Run back in the room to see if it was chick-related,and-yup. The pip on the right was a bit bigger
ya.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
GO CHICKIE GO!!!!!!

This one is /at it/! It's peeping like mad, and it already has a whole bigger than the top of my thum!

I've been whistling and peeping at it, and my mum recorded it braking some of the shell-It's peeping like mad!

OMIGOD! LIGHTINGFAST HATCH! It only took 3 hours, but chick number one is rolling around the incubator, moving one of the other eggs around, trying like mad to get his booty unconnected from this little bit of stuff connecting him to the egg :3 His head stops to rest on one of the eggs a bunch! He's a little yellow baby! (I'm calling it a He), and mum swears he's chirping out his butt XD

Back
Top Bottom