***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Just checking in!
frow.gif

The previous thread was so much to keep up with! I must be really slow because I missed all the rule breaking post or didn't keep up the it well enough!

I just come here for chicken knowledge & sharing.

No dramma needed, I have preteen girls, get enough dramma at home!

Oh well, glad we are able to continue an Okie thread since we need to be able to have a place to plan P.O.O.P.S!!!!! And talk to local chicken adicts.

Very excited about next week. I originally planned on only getting 2 dz eggs. After talking to DH we might bring home a few young hens as well. Not too many, since we are not moving out to Cement until the 21st.And I would struggle having a place to put them until the move!

Would love to see a "schedule of events for P.O.O.P.S. DH said he isn't staying the whole thing, but said he will come for a few. He said chickens are mine & DD thing. We will drive seperatly so he doesn't cramp my chicken time.

The move is on schedule as it can be. We have most rooms painted & DH is going to run a 220 for the kitchen stove (I didn't want to use a propane cooktop) & he is replacing the old duct work with insulated stuff!

Moving is such a headache, I feel like I am packing anytime I am not at work. We are so ready to be out there full time!

POOPS is only a few days away! I am planning to print nametags tomorrow - so please check HERE or on the POOPS Attendees link in my signature to make sure I have your names on the list and that they are spelled correctly.

woot.gif

jcatblum - I am not sure if there was a POOPS schedule ever posted. It starts at 8:00 - that's when people start showing up - although many will have put their chickens in the barn the night before. Sooner (Carah) may have an idea of what time the food will be served. The raffle and auction are usually after the main meal, but someone else may know if there's a timetable. It's smart of you to drive separate vehicles - chicken time is important! (and I'll bet your DH ends up having fun).

Good Morning Folks!

I am still here and alive. Been monitoring waiting for something to open back up.

I am planning on meeting with Al at the barn tomorrow *Tuesday* to do some more work at the POOPS location. I personally ask that if you have nothing to do and are local, please feel free to come by and pitch in a hand.

Another hot day today. Going to try and work inside today and let sunburn heal so I can prepare for another tomorrow.

Hope all is well.

Peaches

Anyone know if the meeker auction is going to be any good. There is a listing on CL for it and I talked with someone that said they are supposed to have a decent amount of birds there, but idk. Im going to maud's on thursday though for sure. I need to find me a good looking light brahma Rooster. I think i may need a BCM too..... Two Sets of straight run and i think i got all hens on both. lol

Back
Top Bottom