***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Had another hot day here! A BYC friend from eastern Tn came by today and dropped off a bunch of bunnys she didn't want anymore. They are out of her show stock. Dwarfs and mini rexes . I think I will keep one of the Rex bucks,just got to make up my mind which one. The two I am choosing from are a blue eyed white,which is pretty rare, and a beautiful chocolate that is a little clown! Also going to keep a tiny little dwarf buck and two dwarf does. Man I really didn't want to get more breeds going!lol
Looks like my Cochin/ee cross hen is thinking about going broody,she walks around clucking to herself. That's good, I can set some of my new web polish eggs under her and may e some buff brahama bantam eggs too. I bought the trio that TJ's papa Bill had at the meetup. It was sure nice to see Bill and Eulain at the meet. And boy that TJ'S has really grown!
Joe guess I'll have to plan another trip back this fall! Actually I hope to make several trips later this summer and get started building something on the farm. I was really tickled to see that the first cutting of hay off the five acres that are cut able made 20 standard size round bales! And it's good hay too,a mix of Bermuda,and fescue with just a tiny bit of Johnson grass.with that kind of production I wonder how many head of cattle that five acres will support? naNa any ideal?

Had another hot day here! A BYC friend from eastern Tn came by today and dropped off a bunch of bunnys she didn't want anymore. They are out of her show stock. Dwarfs and mini rexes . I think I will keep one of the Rex bucks,just got to make up my mind which one. The two I am choosing from are a blue eyed white,which is pretty rare, and a beautiful chocolate that is a little clown! Also going to keep a tiny little dwarf buck and two dwarf does. Man I really didn't want to get more breeds going!lol
Looks like my Cochin/ee cross hen is thinking about going broody,she walks around clucking to herself. That's good, I can set some of my new web polish eggs under her and may e some buff brahama bantam eggs too. I bought the trio that TJ's papa Bill had at the meetup. It was sure nice to see Bill and Eulain at the meet. And boy that TJ'S has really grown!
Joe guess I'll have to plan another trip back this fall! Actually I hope to make several trips later this summer and get started building something on the farm. I was really tickled to see that the first cutting of hay off the five acres that are cut able made 20 standard size round bales! And it's good hay too,a mix of Bermuda,and fescue with just a tiny bit of Johnson grass.with that kind of production I wonder how many head of cattle that five acres will support? naNa any ideal?
sounds like someone did a good job putting up your hay
thumbsup.gif
this year 5 acres wont hold verry many head we need rain bad but that 1ich+ that we got this morning will help

Kinda funny, one of the taboo subjects on nearly every board are the animal rights groups. Tonight at the top of the page was an ad for the HSUS, so I believe it's time for me to go. BYC can't have it both ways, you can't take advertising money from them and not have the members talk about the groups either pro or con. Ya'll be good.

Kinda funny, one of the taboo subjects on nearly every board are the animal rights groups. Tonight at the top of the page was an ad for the HSUS, so I believe it's time for me to go. BYC can't have it both ways, you can't take advertising money from them and not have the members talk about the groups either pro or con. Ya'll be good.
but les, we need your experience and wisdom here...:(

Hey Monty i have chicks from my Spangled Toppy Roo and the Spangled Toppy hen I got from you, I think she has 4 but I will give her a couple days and see if I can get pics!!! Lynn
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom