***OKIES in the BYC III ***

We have had a busy morning at the market. I didn't plan on putting in more greenbeans but they are a hot seller. Sold 20 lbs of greenbeans by 830. DD has done better at moving eggs today too.
We are officially down to 1 cabinet incubator. Going to clean the other one good & store it away until spring. Last 2 wks we only set 4 dz eggs, our house will soon be much more quiet.
a6937b9b-8360-f4a6.jpg

Love the sign! Who did it for you? You? Very professional looking setup.

We also like to include the word Family in the name of our farm. It emphasizes the local, mom and pop nature of our operation.

Does anyone know of a processor near OKC or Noble that does chickens? I would like to raise meaties, but not sure if I have it in me to process them myself. I deboned a rotisserie chicken from homeland the other day and it was so fatty and gross. I don't want that for my family. Any help would be great. Thank You!

Does anyone know of a processor near OKC or Noble that does chickens? I would like to raise meaties, but not sure if I have it in me to process them myself. I deboned a rotisserie chicken from homeland the other day and it was so fatty and gross. I don't want that for my family. Any help would be great. Thank You!

The only state approved facility I know of is DARP in Stillwater.

A fellow at our farmers market is talking about developing a cooperative one down here in SWOK, but that is way in the future and not any closer to you than Stillwater.

Last edited:
The only state approved facility I know of is DARP in Stillwater.

A fellow at our farmers market is talking about developing a cooperative one down here in SWOK, but that is way in the future and not any closer to you than Stillwater.
Well poop. I guess I'll just have to wait till I can do it myself. Guess it'll be awhile. Thank you!

If you want to learn how, there are plenty of people around who would teach you how to process them yourself. I didn't think I would have it in me, because I literally get queasy at my stomach from deboning the chickens that come from the supermarket. Either cooked rotisserie chickens, or just taking them out of the bag to rinse and cook. But a home raised chicken is SO different. It really, truly, and I hope you can get from just text how sincere I am about this, it was way less gross to kill, pluck, process and prepare my own home raised chickens, than it was just to deal with slimy supermarket chicken. I was shocked.

If you want to learn how, there are plenty of people around who would teach you how to process them yourself. I didn't think I would have it in me, because I literally get queasy at my stomach from deboning the chickens that come from the supermarket. Either cooked rotisserie chickens, or just taking them out of the bag to rinse and cook. But a home raised chicken is SO different. It really, truly, and I hope you can get from just text how sincere I am about this, it was way less gross to kill, pluck, process and prepare my own home raised chickens, than it was just to deal with slimy supermarket chicken. I was shocked.
goodpost.gif

I will learn. My hubby and I want to be somewhat self sufficient. He is a hunter, so he doesn't really have a problem killing animals for meat. But he does work 2 jobs and I don't want to put it on him to have to worry with the chickens. His time is stretched about as thin as it can go. I'll just have to talk myself into it.

Hey Monty i have chicks from my Spangled Toppy Roo and the Spangled Toppy hen I got from you, I think she has 4 but I will give her a couple days and see if I can get pics!!! Lynn
celebrate.gif

Hey Monty i have chicks from my Spangled Toppy Roo and the Spangled Toppy hen I got from you, I think she has 4 but I will give her a couple days and see if I can get pics!!! Lynn
celebrate.gif

That is great Lynn. I hope they look just like their momma and Papa!

Back
Top Bottom