***OKIES in the BYC III ***

i will start watching for them- the roo has 2 ladies, a silkie and a show girl- not sure how the genetics pan out so you might get all silkies, not sure- i'll keep you posted this is hobbs, he was hobbled last nite and not happy about it at all! and his hatch mates you might check with BetsyOK, she's up near you- she's the breeder for my birds
I asked her but she said she doesn't sell hatching eggs. It would probably be smarter of me to just buy an adult but I really enjoy hatching them. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with my new incubator. This little guy hatched from showgirl/sizzle eggs, it's a waiting game to see if it turns out frizzled!

Robin, the babies are soooo cute!! Oh how i love Silkie babies for the cuddle factor :love
I feel like an egg hoarder around here, I can't stand to crack some of these eggs and give them back to the birds. I find myself feeding them one, slipping one in my pocket, feeding them one, etc. it's hard not hatching them now that i know how some of the different mixes turn out. There's another breed or 2 I want to save room for though....what's this "moderation" word my husband keeps mouthing to me all the time?! lol

Do any of you have Brown Leghorns? This is a little 5 wk old pullet from the hatchery, I have 4 others like her. I'm starting to believe they're one of those birds that gets overlooked & unappreciated. These 4 I got are the sweetest, calmest and most charming babies. They're growing really fast so I think they'll be pretty good sized. I'm ashamed to admit I wouldn't have known a Brown Leghorn if it had landed in my yard before this, yet they're becoming one of my favorite breeds as they grow because of their personalities. I always hear people say they're flighty birds so I mainly ordered them to have some girls for all my extra hatchery Silkie boys, these are far from flighty. A friend of my mom's was going to buy them off me and didn't take them soon enough, now she's lost her chance.
Sometimes you get the nicest surprises when you didn't even plan it. I just love these little ones.

i will start watching for them- the roo has 2 ladies, a silkie and a show girl- not sure how the genetics pan out so you might get all silkies, not sure- i'll keep you posted this is hobbs, he was hobbled last nite and not happy about it at all! and his hatch mates you might check with BetsyOK, she's up near you- she's the breeder for my birds
I have one Showgirl hen from Betsy. Esmeralda is so sweet. She is a great broody and Mama. I wold say they are just like Cochins personality wise.

Last edited:
Those silkies! Everyone is posting pictures! I MUST NOT WANT! No nonononono.... I will not want another breed. I will not add another breed to my list of "have to have". Ugh. Forget it. I want a silkie now.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I think I read somewhere that if you have one that the other non silkie breeds will pluck the feathers. Is that true? Maybe I read that wrong... Oh my gosh I hope it is wrong because I can't resist the balls of fluff!!!

I need to buy some layers. Mon wants two more and I need a couple that lay tinted eggs. I wish I had time for the auctions but right now it's not possible. We wouldn't mind having birds that were a little older. Let me know if you have a few you cold spare. I can pick up within an hours drive of Not my day. Kat I just found a partial block in the pocket of my hoodie. I took it wit the to the fabric store to buy mor fabric. I was trying to get a match on the value at Lear because I was short. I'm sure you can tell when you look at muckCollinsville.

I need to buy some layers. Mon wants two more and I need a couple that lay tinted eggs. I wish I had time for the auctions but right now it's not possible. We wouldn't mind having birds that were a little older. Let me know if you have a few you cold spare. I can pick up within an hours drive of Not my day. Kat I just found a partial block in the pocket of my hoodie. I took it wit the to the fabric store to buy mor fabric. I was trying to get a match on the value at Lear because I was short. I'm sure you can tell when you look at muckCollinsville.
I am excitedly waiting for the blocks. This was my first quilt block exchange. Just hoping mine aren't a huge disappointment to real quilters. I'm not at all nervous about my crocheted blocks I usually exchange with, but I am a better crocheter then quilter.

Do you know what your going to do with yours yet?

I'm going to test my luck to see if its a small world after all......

I'm looking for a heavy punching bag stand. Anyone have son or man of the house that has left a heavy bag stand forgotten and unused taking up precious space?

Do you guys ever have quilting bees? I've been picking up more and more hobbies based on what my grandmother did as a course of her day. I've been wanting to learn how to quilt, but nobody in my circle of friends does this kind of stuff.

Of course, the good thing about being the only person who does it is that they all love my jelly!

Back
Top Bottom