***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I was wondering if that person behind me was a BYCer. It was a lady that was also a fan of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. If you are a BYCer, mystery GS cookie fan, then "hello" and next time I will have to formerly introduce myself. Its crazy that I had all of you BYC members around me and I didn't know it! We need a shirt, hat, flag, ringtone, something that way I know that I know you... just not former in person know. Im working on that...
Cathysue, let me know if you get any SFH that you don't need. I will take it off your hands!
wink.png
Im thinking of having a roo with mine. Even though it will be 6 mos until they start to lay... I just need an unrelated roo. I would have bought a roo and two hens last night but someone snagged them up pretty quick.
ep.gif
But it's ok. Only because I know who did it.
wink.png

True 5, we missed you at the county fair today! The kids could have used some other silkies to compete with. Do you have a trio yet? We showed a young trio of blacks, and a trio of paints. The paints didn't do as well as the blacks because of a bunch of broken wing feathers on the hens. Hmmm, I am thinking - need a good timed molt, or my roos are a bit rough. Oh well.

Thanks for the help on the barred rock hen, guys. Will plan on taking her in to be seen hopefully Monday.

Quick question. I had two silkies hatch last night so when they fluffed up I put them in the brooder. Now I have a single chick that hatched about 2-3 hours ago. It is all by itself. Would it be ok to put it in the brooder with the other two, or should i just leave it in the bator. I has partially fluffed. thanks

Last edited:
Quick question. I had two silkies hatch last night so when they fluffed up I put them in the brooder. Now I have a single chick that hatched about 2-3 hours ago. It is all by itself. Would it be ok to put it in the brooder with the other two, or should i just leave it in the bator. I has partially fluffed. thanks
It can stay in the incubator for 24 hours. Give it a chance to fully fluff.

@greenbeetle he will talk to the unhatched chicks while he dries

@CayuseRanch what exactly is a dry hatch?

Means I don't put any water in the incubator until lockdown. Now sometimes if I feel the air cells have not grown enough I add water or a few weeks ago I had a reading of 11% humidity so I added some water. But then the wells went dry it stayed around 16% then at lockdown I added water until the humidity was up. In my brinsea, I usually have humidity around 65. In Grace's sportsman, I have recently learned that I need humidity about 75. (for lockdown)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom