***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Awwww, I was hoping Mitzi was going to be there. :( Was really looking forward to seeing her!

:hugs You're so sweet!
@ashtree I'm glad it worked out! I don't think Dusti (Shelbydog) quite knows how to take me but she's one of the nicest and most natural acting people you'll ever meet :)

I love ya Mitzi! Any new pics on the fav capon?

He's getting big, and he's beautiful! he's the same age as the Brahma boys, isn't he? I'm still a little confused on some of the capons. All the boys in these pictures are caponized yet some of the combs are so red. I know for a fact the Legbar boy is a full capon but look how red his wattles are. And Poco did the Faverolles boy so I know he's not a slip yet look at that comb. The Barred Rock boys I caponized are 5 mo old now. I guess I may have to wait til a year old and if they're not crowing or breeding I can call them full capons lol

:hugs You're so sweet!
@ashtree I'm glad it worked out! I don't think Dusti (Shelbydog) quite knows how to take me but she's one of the nicest and most natural acting people you'll ever meet :)

I'm so glad too. This thread seems to be filled with very nice and helpful people. I look forward to meeting everyone in time! :)

@shelbydog I've been trying to PM you but the mobile BYC seems to hate me today. And if I type out another message to have it randomly erased I may go crazy. I will try later from my computer!

He's getting big, and he's beautiful! he's the same age as the Brahma boys, isn't he? I'm still a little confused on some of the capons. All the boys in these pictures are caponized yet some of the combs are so red. I know for a fact the Legbar boy is a full capon but look how red his wattles are. And Poco did the Faverolles boy so I know he's not a slip yet look at that comb. The Barred Rock boys I caponized are 5 mo old now. I guess I may have to wait til a year old and if they're not crowing or breeding I can call them full capons lol

Beautiful boys! That legbar is gorgeous

Couple of questions for the experienced folks :)

I have two different aged flocks - 16 of them are 3+ months old and the second are just now 2 months old and there are 26 of them.
The 16 are living in the run, while the 26 are living inside the coop. When I free range the older girls the babies get to have a couple hours in the run each day, but I need to integrate them so they all have access to the coop and run together.

So, what is the best way to go about introducing them and are they big enough yet? Or should I wait a few more weeks until they are more similar in size? I would say the older girls are about 1/3 bigger at this time and have no doubt they could do some serious damage to the wee ones if I don't do this properly.

Thanks in advance :)

At the Coweta auction. Found some Salmon Faveroles I might try to talk the husband into biddin on. Few! Finally getting some relief from the heat! I'm here on the very bottom seat, middle bleacher. St John shirt and Hubby in his boot... Two of my kids behind us (my girls). Anyone else here?

At the Coweta auction. Found some Salmon Faveroles I might try to talk the husband into biddin on. Few! Finally getting some relief from the heat! I'm here on the very bottom seat, middle bleacher. St John shirt and Hubby in his boot... Two of my kids behind us (my girls). Anyone else here?

I waved at you!

Back
Top Bottom