***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Looks like a rat snake to me but I can't make out the head. The bull snakes I've seen here have been yellow. My middle daughter would be dancing a jig, hopping up and down, screaming, and hitting it with a hoe or shovel. All at the same time.

When they turn orange all over and the stem dries up they are ready to be picked. Speaking of snakes we had a scare this weekend. Our dog must have tangled with a copperhead and got a bad deep bite on the throat. Costed a vet visit. She's on antibiotics. Long road ahead for healing but she's going to be OK.
I really feel bad for your dog. Hopefully everything will be okay! I had a small mutt when I was a kid got tagged by a diamondback. There was no such thing as money for a vet for a dog in our family, it took a while but she was just fine.

When they turn orange all over and the stem dries up they are ready to be picked.

Speaking of snakes we had a scare this weekend. Our dog must have tangled with a copperhead and got a bad deep bite on the throat. Costed a vet visit. She's on antibiotics. Long road ahead for healing but she's going to be OK.

Glad you caught it in time to get to the vet. Good dog!...but scary :(

snake season here too, someone suggested spraying with peppermint and lavendar oil, am trying that- i don't mind if they are around, just not in the coop, i don't have babies to worry about
I had a snake living in my peppermint plants by my pens two years ago. I neversaw him/her but i found
yard long skin. I never had any eggs or chickens missing. I figured it was eating mice which is great for me.
@Kyzmette
did you need more pics on the cement posts he made?

I had a snake living in my peppermint plants by my pens two years ago. I never saw him/her but I found a yard long skin. Since I never missed any birds or eggs I figured it was living on mice which is fine with me.

Last edited:
Muesky and I are going on another "Chicken Goodness Tour", that is what we call our excursions to Cowetta and then Newcastle the next day. We might never buy a bird but the opportunity to see allot of poultry and visit with other bird folks is worth it. I learn the best by looking.

Update on the eggs from Cowetta, that were from the grow out pens of the Orpington breeder from Arkansas. (I think Kissmet and Lonnyandrinda got some too)- The one bird I kept from the 3 or 4 that hatched is a big Chocolate Orpington Pullet, very "typie" so far, got to post some pics.

Muesky and I are going on another "Chicken Goodness Tour", that is what we call our excursions to Cowetta and then Newcastle the next day. We might never buy a bird but the opportunity to see allot of poultry and visit with other bird folks is worth it. I learn the best by looking.

Update on the eggs from Cowetta, that were from the grow out pens of the Orpington breeder from Arkansas. (I think Kissmet and Lonnyandrinda got some too)- The one bird I kept from the 3 or 4 that hatched is a big Chocolate Orpington Pullet, very "typie" so far, got to post some pics.
We need to meet and exchange hugs!!!! Coweta is only a few days away. I'll try to get there early enough to set up some chairs near the wall where you were seated on your last Chicken Goddess Tour.

wee.gif
I can hardly wait
D.gif

Nope not me.

We need to meet and exchange hugs!!!! Coweta is only a few days away. I'll try to get there early enough to set up some chairs near the wall where you were seated on your last Chicken Goddess Tour.

wee.gif
I can hardly wait
D.gif

I heard a rumor that it was cancelled this week? And I was also told it was only the Saturday swap that was cancelled. So you might want to double check.

Back
Top Bottom