***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Phew. Hi everyone!! I hope everyone's been well, and yalls critters are safe with this heat! I hatched some babies two months ago and they're looking so good! One of my silly barnyard mutts has decided to go broody in this heat and I know she's miserable. Silly little bird

20170724_184530.jpg

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer so far! :)

Phew. Hi everyone!! I hope everyone's been well, and yalls critters are safe with this heat! I hatched some babies two months ago and they're looking so good! One of my silly barnyard mutts has decided to go broody in this heat and I know she's miserable. Silly little bird

View attachment 1093011

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer so far! :)
Ugh! I don't understand what makes them want to go broody now, either. I decided to go ahead and break the 2 I have. I'm worried about their health more than anything. Especially Melina, because she's molting right now, as well as broody. I'd be less worried, but mine are Orpingtons, so not the most heat tolerant breed. It's been a tough decision to make.

Ugh! I don't understand what makes them want to go broody now, either. I decided to go ahead and break the 2 I have. I'm worried about their health more than anything. Especially Melina, because she's molting right now, as well as broody. I'd be less worried, but mine are Orpingtons, so not the most heat tolerant breed. It's been a tough decision to make.

I don't get it either!! Chickens are silly. I can see why you'd be concerned though with the molt, for sure!! Hopefully they break from their broodiness pretty easy for you.

I don't get it either!! Chickens are silly. I can see why you'd be concerned though with the molt, for sure!! Hopefully they break from their broodiness pretty easy for you.
As soon as we start getting cooler weather, I'll be willing to facilitate a hatch. With my luck, no one will go broody when it cools off. Lol!

I had a few hatch a few days ago and another hen should've but a snake kept taking her eggs. Finally got rid of both snakes and she stayed about 2wks on the new eggs but was moved and the 3rd set of eggs and had already set for 4or 5 wks. I also have one hen in her own box that I heard chirping today but haven't seen any pipping. She Flipped out half way from her coop to the brood box and I lost half the eggs. Wishing I had 1 more go broody to make up for the snakes and egg opps.

I have a hen who's been going broody for a week now and she still hasn't committed to sit day and night she only sits during the morning and goes till about 2:30 but then gets off the nest for the rest of the day, it's kind of annoying me because I want to hatch eggs but she's making it difficult.

I had a few hatch a few days ago and another hen should've but a snake kept taking her eggs. Finally got rid of both snakes and she stayed about 2wks on the new eggs but was moved and the 3rd set of eggs and had already set for 4or 5 wks. I also have one hen in her own box that I heard chirping today but haven't seen any pipping. She Flipped out half way from her coop to the brood box and I lost half the eggs. Wishing I had 1 more go broody to make up for the snakes and egg opps.
I'm sorry. Any chance you will?

Back
Top Bottom