***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Cayuga ducks were on my short list when I was picking my first ducks last yr. I love the way they shine. I ended up ordering some Silver Appleyards from show quality stock from Holderead. They lay an egg everyday & don't fly (they are way too fat). I love watching them play. The 2 ducklings I have now are the first first hatchlings from my ducks. I find ducks more enertaining than chickens. Everyone should have ducks!!!!

Cayuga ducks were on my short list when I was picking my first ducks last yr. I love the way they shine. I ended up ordering some Silver Appleyards from show quality stock from Holderead. They lay an egg everyday & don't fly (they are way too fat). I love watching them play. The 2 ducklings I have now are the first first hatchlings from my ducks. I find ducks more enertaining than chickens. Everyone should have ducks!!!!
i would love some call ducks but i have no where to put them

Boy your sure haveing a hard time with the babys this year,except for the chickens! Hope she ahs at least one more and its alive.If not I guess you will have goat milk for the colt if mom won't let it nurse!

Hey I see they are starting a new swap over in Adair County. Not far from Joe's place and not far from my place back there! Hope it takes ahold good and gets big by the time I get moved back ther( I'm still holding out hope!lol) I'm sure Joe can help anyone that needs info on it.
Lots of rain here in the last 24 hours. Getting colder now. I actually noticed several trees that are way budded out here! I was really surprised how far along they were.
Had to take the wife to the Dr. this afternoon,the sniffles turned into bhroncitis.
My game hens are laying good now. Can't wait till they go to setting,although I hope its not until after we move! I am wanting to get some Icelandic eggs and put under them. I sure like that breed and regret getting rid of the ones I had.
Good luck on the mare tonight Donnie! You need to find a horse whisperer!
yep sure will the lady starting it is a good friend of mine and the swap will be about 2 1/2 milles from my place
celebrate.gif

Hello all! I know there is a poultry auction in Stilwell, OK this Friday, March 1, I was wondering if there was any BYC-ers that were going to be there?
frow.gif
i will be there

We love our ducks too. They are so easy going. We put the babies in the bath tub today in enough water to swim and dive a little. They had a ball and splashed enough to get my bathroom wet. They definitely have different personalities than chickens do but they can't really be held the same way. My chickens will roost with us and our turkeys follow us and try to climb in our laps but even though our ducks will take treats from our hands, they run from us otherwise. They are still great fun to watch though, especially when they get in the pond.

I have about wore about my computer searching for Trout Indian Runners but have finally found some nice quality ones and am on the list for a future hatch. Now the fun part comes in getting them. They don't ship so it sounds like I will be driving 20 hours to get them. But...so worth it. If you know of anyone in Oklahoma or close that has them please let me know and do your part to keep a crazy duck lady off the highway.

Hi everyone, glad to see all the babies hatching, Donnie sorry about the lost one, hope she has a couple more for you! hope the colt and mom are doing good!!! I think I have a game hen setting, need to check again tomorrow, we left eggs for her but they may have gotten cold so not sure if they will hatch anyways!!! May have to trow them out and give her some more!!! Have great day all, Lynn

Back
Top Bottom