***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Good morning all! I want to welcome all the newcomers, I am on and off here a lot so I don't post everyday, but check in! Has anyone heard from Monty (Buckguy)??? Any news on a POOPS???? It is certainly cold here today and we got a little rain last night! Coral I am glad I decided to put the girls in the barn last night, think that will be routine for a while at least. Robin, when we get Lucky settled with some hens I will post some pics for you!!! Everyone have a safe and blessed day!!! Lynn

Had a nice visit today with BYC member SonRise Silkies (Cheryl) from Elmore City. She drove all the way to Meeker to get some Cochin babies to take home. She also traded a lovely Quail d'Anver hen for a Mille Fleur d'Anver Rooster. Now my other little guys will soon have a hen replacing Miss Piggy that recently died. Cheryl is a lovely lady that loves chickens!

We didn't get as much rain as we thought, but the temps are much cooler today.

A big
welcome-byc.gif
To postalpoultry and dtoone....you found a great group of Okie chicken folk!
does she only sell White Silkies? I have visited their website. Did not know that they liked Cochins.

Good morning all! I want to welcome all the newcomers, I am on and off here a lot so I don't post everyday, but check in! Has anyone heard from Monty (Buckguy)??? Any news on a POOPS???? It is certainly cold here today and we got a little rain last night! Coral I am glad I decided to put the girls in the barn last night, think that will be routine for a while at least. Robin, when we get Lucky settled with some hens I will post some pics for you!!! Everyone have a safe and blessed day!!! Lynn

Good morning Lynn! Yep, it`s cold and nasty out for sure! I`m off to feed and water the birds.....I hope ya have a great weekend!

I'm down here in Purcell and just got my first hens and chicken coop with a run. I have 3 jersey giants and am about to get a rooster. although I grew up having chickens, I never really learned "how" to do it. I have a lot of questions. I want my hens to be healthy, happy and lay productively.

Hey guys, I spoke to Cathie briefly last night. She is still getting moved & has sold most of her birds. She said she still has a few bantam pairs & a couple foam incubators. Anyone interested can PM her, screen name Okieridge.
As many of you know we break ground on our house in a 2 more weeks. I spend spare time browsing house ideas. My kitchen has been roosters for as long as I can remember, but today I ran across peacock kitchens!
http://www.houzz.com/photos/426739/kitchendesigns-com-eclectic-kitchen-new-York
http://www.jerusalempottery.biz/products/Tiles/tile_mural/yellow_peacock_backsplash_mural.html
http://www.houzz.com/photos/1058268...h-tile-mediterranean-kitchen-tile-other-metro
I don't think I will be doing my kitchen in peafowl, but sure was surprised to find them!

Your set up looks great! It's not hard, feed, water, protection and a little love (that part is not mandatory but will come) You will be just fine. But if you have any problems some here can surely help!

Back
Top Bottom