***OKIES in the BYC III ***

We got them at Atwoods, not sure what breed they are? The one in the first 2 pics is what 5 of our 6 chickens tail feathers look like.

These last 2 pics are of the suspected male. His? tail feathers are longer than the rest of our chickens.

I know that Atwoods had some Golden Comet Sex-links. These look like pullets. If they had color on them as chicks that is what they are. If they had just one color like yellow then they are boys.

We have lost our first chicken. It was our Minorca. I went out yesterday while having a migraine and on my pain meds, to check up on them. When I went to close the lid she must have put it between the bottom and it. It must have killed her instantly because I didn't hear anything. She was a sweet girl and a favorite of our daughters.

Well, today is the day I guess. I went to my garden and what did I see ...

Yes, my dear Okies ... that is a tomato blossom on a tomato that I grew from a seed! Lol, probably won't get a tomato out of it but hey, it's all good. I also found I have strawberries setting on my plants that I planted in the gutters too. Guess they don't give a flip about the cold weather we've had. Of course the tomato is in the greenhouse.

Ann delivered 2 does this afternoon around 4. They are so cute! So hard to imagine we can't keep every goat that arrives here, we only have 6 here so far, 2 more does left to kid (one should be any day now). If we had 35 I would be in real distress!

Ann delivered 2 does this afternoon around 4. They are so cute! So hard to imagine we can't keep every goat that arrives here, we only have 6 here so far, 2 more does left to kid (one should be any day now). If we had 35 I would be in real distress!

lol, that is funny we had two does born today also. ours were born about 11:00
ya.gif
wee.gif

I know what you mean would love to keep them all but can't

Last edited:

So so Cute. Love the white one. Now two more to fight over names about. Anybody going to Blanchard tomorrow?

lol, that is funny we had two does born today also. ours were born about 11:00
ya.gif
wee.gif

I know what you mean would love to keep them all but can't
Oh my!! Guess we can keep taking turns. My Nubian is a HUGE boat. DH is certain she has triplets, but Ann stayed small & I was certain she just had a single.

We are not going to Blanchard this time, going to stay busy around the house.

Last edited:
Oh my!! Guess we can keep taking turns. My Nubian is a HUGE boat. DH is certain she has triplets, but Ann stayed small & I was certain she just had a single.

We are not going to Blanchard this time, going to stay busy around the house.
i have 3 more boer goats and one Nubian to go. One boer is due next week and then the others are about 2 weeks behind.

Back
Top Bottom