***OKIES in the BYC III ***

morning everyone- loving this weather! off to fix a few pens- i have a couple houdinis! By the way, on the pinesol, hubby just called, there are 4 scents! Geeze.... getting the original...

update on the boy with thrush, the vetrycin is doing the trick, it is about the 4th the size, i am spraying his throat a couple times a day, and having to swab his throat out as he gets this mucous, i am assuming has something to do with the mass breaking down, he is eating again, so am positive about his condition for the first time....
Robin,

I'm happy to hear the Vetrycin is working. I know you've been battling thrush for your roo for a long time.

Safe and fun fireworks wishes for those who are participating in a pyrotechnics display tomorrow. DH bought a giant tube that looks like Paul Bunyan's Roman candle. It's got a handle on it, so I think one is supposed to light it and hold it. I hope DH opts for sticking the handle in the ground and running away.
smiley-fireworks.gif

i just cleared about half the infection out of Captains throat, it has broken it down and his cough is bringing it out- and he is eating again!
wee.gif

and i have to thank everyone suggesting the pinesol- amazing! it works!!! the real brand not the off brand-
woot.gif
we can actually walk outside without being threatened by a massive fly abduction!LOL!

Wow. Almost 300 post since the last time I was on the Okie thread. Read the last 6 pages and will have to catch up on the rest later.
Thought I would post an update on my husband. We spent almost a week in Houston at MD Anderson. VERY IMPRESSIVE hospital and doctors! All of my husbands scans came back looking good showing no other notable masses in the body other than the one located on his face. He is scheduled for surgery at MD this coming Monday. The plan is to remove quite a large area around the melanoma and also any lymph nodes that drain around the area. It is possible that he will need a skin graft to close the incision. Results back from the surgery should take 2 to 3 weeks. If the margins around the remove tissue are negative and the lymph nodes are negative he will not require any more surgery. We were deeply humbled upon our arrival at the front door of MD. The first sight we saw was 2 babies both with surgical masks on, one with a bald head the other with terribly dry cracked skin. Both of their little bodies were swollen from the chemo therapy treatments. I instantly started crying. Had been keeping things bottled up inside and trying to be tough up to that point, but I couldn't do it any longer after thinking about what those little ones were having to go through. It was heartbreaking. Met a lot of nice people from all over the United States while waiting for appointments. It was an "eventful" trip with something bizarre happening everyday to make us laugh. We have had such great support from family, co-workers and friends. Emotionally, physically, spiritually, financially, they have all done a great job! I left some 2 week old chicks at my mom and dads before our trip because these are my "cream of the crop" hatch and I knew that's where they would get the best care. They are still there. I am anxious to see how much they have changed. I will pick them up after we get back next week after surgery. I have down sized my flock to about an 1/8 of what I had 2 months ago. I knew several people who were interested in getting started at raising chickens. I gave all my chickens to theses people. Made me happy to see them all go to good homes. I have 5 olive egger hens and 1 EE roo that I will re-home tomorrow. I kept 3 to 4 each of my favorite breeds (Naked Necks, FBCM, Cream Legbar and Amerucuanas).
Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July.
yippiechickie.gif

Spunky, that is good news about your husband. Praying it is contained to just that one area. MD Anderson is the best place for cancer patients.

Robin that is great news on your roo! I need to get some of the vetRX stuff to keep on hand.

Well Mr Red is back to a red comb and doing great except he has two broody girls and he keeps fighting to set their nest with them! Lol. Looks kind of funny to see a roo sitting the nest haha. Guess he will be one of those "involved" kind of daddies haha.

Well gotta get back to fireworks. If anyone is in chandler area feel free to stop by and chat.

Ok I found out this morning that a bird made a nest right next to my bed.So I can hear a loud mama bird on the other side of the wall at 2:00 in the mourning! The mother has not hatched the eggs yet but I can tell from experience the baby's are loud at any noise it is going to be some restless nights.

morning everyone- loving this weather! off to fix a few pens- i have a couple houdinis! By the way, on the pinesol, hubby just called, there are 4 scents! Geeze.... getting the original...

update on the boy with thrush, the vetrycin is doing the trick, it is about the 4th the size, i am spraying his throat a couple times a day, and having to swab his throat out as he gets this mucous, i am assuming has something to do with the mass breaking down, he is eating again, so am positive about his condition for the first time....
Vetrycin is great stuff. I sprayed the gel on out cat's swollen toe. He some how tore a nail down to the quick and it got infected. He is walking better already.

Wow. Almost 300 post since the last time I was on the Okie thread. Read the last 6 pages and will have to catch up on the rest later.
Thought I would post an update on my husband. We spent almost a week in Houston at MD Anderson. VERY IMPRESSIVE hospital and doctors! All of my husbands scans came back looking good showing no other notable masses in the body other than the one located on his face. He is scheduled for surgery at MD this coming Monday. The plan is to remove quite a large area around the melanoma and also any lymph nodes that drain around the area. It is possible that he will need a skin graft to close the incision. Results back from the surgery should take 2 to 3 weeks. If the margins around the remove tissue are negative and the lymph nodes are negative he will not require any more surgery. We were deeply humbled upon our arrival at the front door of MD. The first sight we saw was 2 babies both with surgical masks on, one with a bald head the other with terribly dry cracked skin. Both of their little bodies were swollen from the chemo therapy treatments. I instantly started crying. Had been keeping things bottled up inside and trying to be tough up to that point, but I couldn't do it any longer after thinking about what those little ones were having to go through. It was heartbreaking. Met a lot of nice people from all over the United States while waiting for appointments. It was an "eventful" trip with something bizarre happening everyday to make us laugh. We have had such great support from family, co-workers and friends. Emotionally, physically, spiritually, financially, they have all done a great job! I left some 2 week old chicks at my mom and dads before our trip because these are my "cream of the crop" hatch and I knew that's where they would get the best care. They are still there. I am anxious to see how much they have changed. I will pick them up after we get back next week after surgery. I have down sized my flock to about an 1/8 of what I had 2 months ago. I knew several people who were interested in getting started at raising chickens. I gave all my chickens to theses people. Made me happy to see them all go to good homes. I have 5 olive egger hens and 1 EE roo that I will re-home tomorrow. I kept 3 to 4 each of my favorite breeds (Naked Necks, FBCM, Cream Legbar and Amerucuanas).
Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July.
yippiechickie.gif
That is good news, been thinking about you folks!

That is amazing news! I love vetercyn!

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July. :yiipchick  
I am praying for y'all. Hope it is all contained and there will be no more pain for him. Any kind off cancer is hard stuff.

Got great news from my husbands aunt that her leukemia is finally in remission. She cried when she told me and said that no one understands what she is going thru but me. We both have the same kind of leukemia called CML. we are tough cookies! We will alway have to take chemo to keep ours under control. The hard part is finding the right chemo and then hoping it keeps working. Staying positive every day and laughing all the time is the best medicine. Yes we all have bad days but we are all loved and that is something to smile about. I am all about making every moment filled with joy and happiness. Even if it is just sitting on my front porch watch my chickens and ducks playing in the dirt and chasing grasshoppers. That is worth it!

Back
Top Bottom