***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hello, fellow okies :) I'm new to chickens and I am wanting to start showing. Can anyone please give me some contact information? Also I'd like to develop friendships with my fellow chicken lovers

Welcome, Chicksandclicks! I don't know anything about showing but lots of others here do.
Here's my water trough full of babies. I guess I jumped back in with both feet, huh? There's the packing peanuts up front.

Welcome as well! You might call the ag teachers in your area, perhaps they can refer you to someone. I don't know a thing about showing but will follow this thread to learn as you do. :)

I know nothing about showing, and will proba ly only know enough to know which rules I'm breaking. But I'm partial to my chickens! I'm in Skiatook. We have a chicken swap coming up in Tahlequah next weekend. You could meet some really great people there.

Ksane, I've had a bucket of chicken before, but it was extra crispy. These look more like original recipe.

I'm next to keystone fire department. I'd love to meet sometime. My flock us down to two thanks to the coyotes. We just moved here and don't have to coop finished so we were putting them in a shed but it wasn't secure enough. I'm planning on restocking and not sure what breeds to go with. What breeds do you have?

I'm next to keystone fire department. I'd love to meet sometime. My flock us down to two thanks to the coyotes. We just moved here and don't have to coop finished so we were putting them in a shed but it wasn't secure enough. I'm planning on restocking and not sure what breeds to go with. What breeds do you have?

welcome-byc.gif
chicksandclicks! For show quality birds, I would contact banjojoe, he is a member here and I will post a link to his FB page at the end of this post. Try to figure out what you want and he can probably help you. He has some beautiful birds and is at the Coweta auction that is hosted by Robert Crozier of Crozier Auctions, the 3rd Friday of the month. 1st Friday of the month is in Stilwell, OK. The 2nd and 4th Friday of the month is in Wister, OK.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Villamil-Farms/169244439826127

Okay, weird chicken question time. Dorcus is 11 days old and I just happened to look in on her earlier and it looked like she was trying to pass feces, but was having problems getting it out. I gave her a few minutes, then picked her up to look her over and she had what looked like crusted feces caked to her belly right beneath her vent. Golfball sized chick, quarter sized matt of ick. I ran some warm water over her tuckus to soften it and clean it off. I didn't see what looked like any obstructions.

Is this semi-normal for hatchlings? She seems to be eating and drinking okay. I'm currently giving the chicks starter crumble. Should I supplement?

Back
Top Bottom