***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have had troublesome non chicken news today. We don't know anything for sure yet, so may be borrowing trouble. But my 3 y/o niece has some symptoms that could be lymphoma cancer. So much so that the Dr's are running tests to rule it out. We won't know for a week or two, but her pediatrician told my brother (and wife) to be prepared it is most likely "not good"

I have had troublesome non chicken news today. We don't know anything for sure yet, so may be borrowing trouble. But my 3 y/o niece has some symptoms that could be lymphoma cancer. So much so that the Dr's are running tests to rule it out. We won't know for a week or two, but her pediatrician told my brother (and wife) to be prepared it is most likely "not good"
This is terrible. I will be praying they find out what is wrong & that it is not cancer!

Good Morning chicken world.
caf.gif

oh dear, will be praying for good news.

Kassaundra, I hope it comes back as an infection and a few antibiotics clears it right up. You and your family are in my prayers.

I believe any engergizer will work, just look for one with the equivalent joules as the model they recommend on their website. I am buying the one on their site because it's easier and seems to be an average price as I looked around the web for a few minutes. Theirs comes with directions to either hook to a battery (I assume like a car battery) or to plug in to an extension cord. They even give guidelines on their product description for how long to expect a battery to last with each type of energizer.
ETA: you can also set up their energizers with a solar panel, which was an attractive option until I looked at the price of the solar panels- yikes! We'll start with electricity!
Yea, while I'd like a solar one also it's going to have to wait awhile :) I'm still looking at the chargers, I want a strong one but I don't want the chickens hurt either.

What do you guys do when a predator pulls skin off one of your chickens? How do you treat?
I thought the neighbors and I had reached some peace and they were keeping their demon dachshund tied up. I didn't take the rain into account, and how getting wet would obviously be SO MUCH WORSE than making sure he wasn't over here killing my chickies.
It wasn't a good day. I don't think Caramel will make it this time, and Puff is nowhere to be seen.
I'm sorry, Kyz. It sounds like they've been warned, in which case I probably wouldn't be quick to forgive or forget. Maybe they need a lot sterner "warning" than what they've been given.
Oh my that was bad. Sometimes the kindle doesn't do things like it should.
lol! We knew what you meant!

Kass, that's beyond scary. Didn't she have heart surgery or something a few yrs ago? I so very much hope it's something simple that hadn't occurred to them. I can't even imagine the horror your brother and SIL are going through.

Kass,

Our prayers are also with your niece and family.

Kyz,

Can you get animal control involved? My dh's initial response was 'get a gun'.... Sounds like your neighbor doesn't seem to care too much. :(

Back
Top Bottom