***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes everyone

Yes Ksane same niece, but she didn't have the open heart surgery. When she went in for presurgery testing it was found to have self resolved, something they didn't think would/could happen.

Kyz, they do have her on antibiotics "just in case"
fl.gif

Last edited:
Hello Oklahoma! Ooof its chilly this morning! I am so glad someone started this thread! I am brand new to BYC and also to the chicken world. I am officially obsessed and want to learn so much more and also meet some locals that I might be able to talk to if I have any questions about our new feathered children. We actually are just finishing up on the coop and will be getting our hens from our neighbor who has around 65 chickens. We are getting five hens and one rooster from him but now I am bit by the bug and want to find some more "fancy" chickens to add to our family. With all this my question is where in Oklahoma can I find a breeder who sells easter eggers or chickens that lay the olive or chocolate colored eggs? Im so new to this forgive me for not remembering the names of these breeds. I promise my lack of knowing breeds wont make me lack on caring for them so if you refer anyone these chickens are going to be very well cared for.
thumbsup.gif
I look forward to talking to you all here! Hope everyone has a great day!

Hello Oklahoma! Ooof its chilly this morning! I am so glad someone started this thread! I am brand new to BYC and also to the chicken world. I am officially obsessed and want to learn so much more and also meet some locals that I might be able to talk to if I have any questions about our new feathered children. We actually are just finishing up on the coop and will be getting our hens from our neighbor who has around 65 chickens. We are getting five hens and one rooster from him but now I am bit by the bug and want to find some more "fancy" chickens to add to our family. With all this my question is where in Oklahoma can I find a breeder who sells easter eggers or chickens that lay the olive or chocolate colored eggs? Im so new to this forgive me for not remembering the names of these breeds. I promise my lack of knowing breeds wont make me lack on caring for them so if you refer anyone these chickens are going to be very well cared for.
thumbsup.gif
I look forward to talking to you all here! Hope everyone has a great day!

I will have Easter Eggers in the spring, as well as a bunch of other breeds- Cream Legbars, Isbars, Black Copper Marans, Exchequer Leghorns, Jubilee Orpingtons, Double Laced BBS Barnevelders, EEs, Olive Eggers, and sexlinks. Right now I'm on the east side of Tulsa but I am moving to Coweta this month. I don't have anything right now between the natural slowdown in eggs and downsizing for the move.

Hey fellow Okies! Thought I'd say hey from norman. Everyone keep warm and hope your feathered babies don't mind the chill today.
Id tell everyone all my breeds but I had a coyote pack somehow get into my pen and... Well yeah nothing left except for the few youngsters I have inside. So I am starting from scratch:/ such a pain. Definitely going to take care of the coyotes around especially since we have a ton of horses, don't want to risk any more mishaps!

Thank you for the info! I will try the local tractor supply and see if they have it.

lonnieandrinda, I might give you a call soon. My "want" list is one Isbar, olive egger and would love a splatter (is that correct for the white with the splattered black?) Ameraucana (all hens). I did look at your site and your chickens are beautiful! Good luck with the move!

chickie that was no-necked by this demon dog previously, and I thought it had torn off all the scar tissue, plus extra. I found Caramel in the pen this morning, so the chickie I found yesterday is Puff, and the damage is so extensive I couldn't tell them apart.

Pics below. You can see where she's missing meat down to her bones in a couple of places. Caramel didn't bleed like this when it happened to her, so I'm very concerned about possible internal damage, especially to her crop.

I currently have aspirin in her water, and medicated crumble with egg in her food dish. She's been ignoring the food and water, but every time I walk in the room I touch the bottom of ber beak with a spoon of water, and the last time I did it, she took a drink.

We have no animal control where I live. I do have a BB gun, but this only happens during a certain time window. It's in the mornings, after she leaves for work, which is when I'm at work. It was raining yesterday, so i believe he just didn't want to go out in the rain so taking the chance the dog would kill my chickens was better than getting wet. Worst. Neighbors. Ever.

I'm working on getting a camera system set up. Just got the external harddrive for the additional memory it'll need, now have to pick up the cameras. Wish I'd had it up and running yesterday. I may not get anywhere in court with this, but I wouldn't have all this additional expense if they would be responsible pet owners.

ok, if there is a risk of internal bleeding stop the asprin as it thins the blood, you will need to keep her hydrated, like you are with the spoon, might put a little crumble in the water for nutrients- i heard recently of getting wolf urine and sprinkle it around the perimeter, it will deter land predators, i wonder if that would deter the dog? as soon as i find it, i'll post specific wound care info

Back
Top Bottom