***OKIES in the BYC III ***

:lau   He hasn't been handled much...but I bet he gets used to being tucked under your arm very quickly.  There is nothing like a Cochin personality.  He is an amorous fella and protects the girls in the juvenile pen from the advances of other cockerels. 

I don't handle the roosters anymore that are going to remain intact. Most of them are fine with it, but I don't *want them to know I'm not going to hurt them. I want them to wonder if I might lol So I'll be sure not to sing to him :lol:

I haven't been on in awhile. Been super busy with school starting and our litter of boxer puppies. Lucky for me they are old enough to go to their new homes! I sold 2 already. If anyone is looking for a boxer puppy I still have 5 to sell.

My broody hen and her daughter have been sitting on a clutch of eggs but no live chicks. I found 3 dead and 1 with a hole pecked in its head. Very disappointing. Next time I will just incubate the eggs

Last edited:
@ashtree I got 2 Toulouse from @pocopollo and they are very nice geese. Love em.
i'm guessing that goose is a hen, she doesn't have the heavy look the tolouse boys do- this is a gander
Well I was way off :oops: If it is a boy will/could it hurt the ducks (3 girls)? I thought sexing silkies was hard but the more I read on geese the easier silkies seem!

My 6 geese are in with the 4 ducks and I haven't had a problem BUT they haven't hit breeding season yet. They're all paired and I'm prepared to separate if I have to.

This is Linus.

actually, if i did it again, any gander would be separate from my ducks, we had a gander that did breed our duck hens, finally got rid of him- after FIL complained about the aggresive gander

love that pic of Linus

@Loriemarler i usually separate broodies from the flock, less stress and less chance the babies will get hurt....

And look at these cuties! These are my kids and all their cousins on my husband's side of the family. I can't share on FB yet since the photos are a surprise gift for my MIL but I can share here!
Great gift for your Mother. I still have the picture up of my grandchildren all sitting on the pasture gate.
@ashtree I got 2 Toulouse from @pocopollo and they are very nice geese. Love em.
i'm guessing that goose is a hen, she doesn't have the heavy look the tolouse boys do- this is a gander
Well I was way off :oops: If it is a boy will/could it hurt the ducks (3 girls)? I thought sexing silkies was hard but the more I read on geese the easier silkies seem!
You can vent sex a goose a whole lot easier than a chick.... The gander has a corkscrew that is obvious....
@Loriemarler i usually separate broodies from the flock, less stress and less chance the babies will get hurt....
X2

Back
Top Bottom