***OKIES in the BYC III ***

lau.gif
gig.gif
X2

R-Hugh-dy.

Would anyone enjoy a Bantam Cochin? I believe it's a she as the one I know is a LF boy has rather pronounced comb/wattles. It's a little over six weeks right now. I've got 3 LFs I believe are also girls, so I have enough (if that's possible) Cochins. $10. I'm just a little NE of Norman and NPIP if it matters.

R-Hugh-dy.

Would anyone enjoy a Bantam Cochin? I believe it's a she as the one I know is a LF boy has rather pronounced comb/wattles. It's a little over six weeks right now. I've got 3 LFs I believe are also girls, so I have enough (if that's possible) Cochins. $10. I'm just a little NE of Norman and NPIP if it matters.

Ill bite! I love her coloring! I'll PM you In a bit. Anyone else having Trouble with the mobile app?

Last edited:
Good morning! Spending the last fews minutes on the cpm chair before they come pick it up.

Thru the window I can see the chickens free ranging in the bull pen. They have ranged past the hay bales so they are more than 100 yards from the barn....must be finding some grasshoppers.

We are headed to town in a bit to find a wheelchair for Roger's Mom. Her mobility away from home will be much improved then. Her knees are really slowing her down at 91.

Funny how a day goes by....as we left for town we spied a huge raccoon in the highway across from our drive that wouldn't be visiting my chickens again. :cd
we were able to find a local business in Shawnee that can work with Medicare for the wheelchair for mil without having to go into OKC. :celebrate
Since we finished early, hubby took me to lunch for Chinese at a buffet in Shawnee. :drool
Back in Meeker for my hair cut appointment
Then we drove to Chandler for his flu shot.
Back to Shawnee to pick up a vehicle in the shop
Spent time checking the herd...found Bubby's mom with her new calf born today...not another baby for the kitchen this year. :love
Finished the day with the chickens....feed and water and enjoying the birds around my feet as I walked from pen to pen.:thumbsup

Funny how a day goes by....as we left for town we spied a huge raccoon in the highway across from our drive that wouldn't be visiting my chickens again. :cd
we were able to find a local business in Shawnee that can work with Medicare for the wheelchair for mil without having to go into OKC. :celebrate
Since we finished early, hubby took me to lunch for Chinese at a buffet in Shawnee. :drool
Back in Meeker for my hair cut appointment
Then we drove to Chandler for his flu shot.
Back to Shawnee to pick up a vehicle in the shop
Spent time checking the herd...found Bubby's mom with her new calf born today...not another baby for the kitchen this year. :love
Finished the day with the chickens....feed and water and enjoying the birds around my feet as I walked from pen to pen.:thumbsup

That sounds like a good day.

I know I don't post often, but I do check this thread every morning before work :), but I just had to toss in that my cochin has started squatting. She's so goofy about it too. The OEGB squats, throws her feathers up in that position, and freezes. The cochin gets in the same position, then backs up, backs up, backs up, throws butt up in the air, backs up.
The silkie (who is 2 weeks older than the cochin, but still not squatting) is still oblivious.
I do get a nice tiny egg from the OEGB every other day for now though.

@ashtree wanted to see my other Cochin chicks, so I thought I'd show everyone. They're cruddy pics, but I was in a hurry. I'm pretty positive they're all Cochin, but non-standard colors except for the black one. Lesson learned when buying hatching eggs. I love them though, so it's all good. None ended up frizzled, which was another disappointment. The black one is my only boy, I think, which is good. Notice my young Blue Double-laced Barnie--I'm excited for her to grow up. She's got a fella waiting on her and her splash sister.

I've got some Tolbunt Polish eggs on the way...fun! Odds are 50/50 on frizzled, so maybe I'll get lucky there.

I know I don't post often, but I do check this thread every morning before work :), but I just had to toss in that my cochin has started squatting. She's so goofy about it too. The OEGB squats, throws her feathers up in that position, and freezes. The cochin gets in the same position, then backs up, backs up, backs up, throws butt up in the air, backs up.
The silkie (who is 2 weeks older than the cochin, but still not squatting) is still oblivious.
I do get a nice tiny egg from the OEGB every other day for now though.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom