***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hey BYC Okies!!!

After 7 long, featherless years... I'm getting back in the chicken business!!  I finally got moved back out to the country, & immediately began planning. Lol. It won't be until spring before I get my girls, but I wanted to get back on the board & get acquainted with all the newcomers! (Newcomers, as in people I have met in the past 7 years. Lol!)

Does anyone know if Cement still has an auction?

Do you want guineas?

Hey BYC Okies!!!

After 7 long, featherless years... I'm getting back in the chicken business!!  I finally got moved back out to the country, & immediately began planning. Lol. It won't be until spring before I get my girls, but I wanted to get back on the board & get acquainted with all the newcomers! (Newcomers, as in people I have met in the past 7 years. Lol!)

I'm a newcomer, and I had to look up where cement was!

Ironsights, are you new to Oklahoma!? Lol jk. It is very small, my dad's family is from there. I used to attend the auction every month, it was a great turnout!

margaret8, thank you for the offer but we will pass on the guineas for now. Lol

How old are the large Cochins when they lay?
Spring hatched girls will begin laying in the fall and summer hatched will not lay until the following spring....so 7 - 10 months. Occasionally a summer hatched bird will go broody before she actually lays her first egg.

I'm late to the party but, Mustang OK here guys.
welcome-byc.gif
to Packman

Welcome back to Countyroad1330

Quote: Yes, I pur a few cement blocks in there too...for those that just want a drink or to have the cool air.

If you guys know anyone in my neck of the woods (central OK) who has good quality Black Aussies or BO's let me know!

I'm late to the party but, Mustang OK here guys.
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome, PacMan: You're now part of a thriving community of chicken enthusiasts.

Hey BYC Okies!!!

After 7 long, featherless years... I'm getting back in the chicken business!! I finally got moved back out to the country, & immediately began planning. Lol. It won't be until spring before I get my girls, but I wanted to get back on the board & get acquainted with all the newcomers! (Newcomers, as in people I have met in the past 7 years. Lol!)

yippiechickie.gif
Howdie!!! Glad you're back. I don't know about the Cement auction. The Stillwell auction, Coweta auction, and Checotah auction are active.
The Stilwell poultry auction is held the first Friday of each month at the Adair County Fairgrounds in Stilwell, OK. Check in at noon and the auction starts at 6:00 p.m.
The Coweta auction is held at the Wagoner County Fairgrounds the third Friday of each month. Check-in starts at noon. The auction starts at six p.m.
The Checotah poultry auction is held the fourth Friday of each month at the Checotah High School Ag Facility. This is located on Paul Carr Drive in Checotah, OK. Check in at noon, and the auction starts at six p.m.

Poco Pollo, thanks for the info! I've been told that Apache has a good auction now, maybe Cement merged with it. I'm close to the Chickasha area (go Fightin' Chicks! Lol, yes that's really their mascot), so the auctions you mentioned are pretty far for me.

Last edited:
Ironsights, its really not much to see. One old street with old buildings. Although they do have a gas station, a pharmacy, a fire department, & a museum. Which is more than what Purdy has these days! Lol

Back
Top Bottom