***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Lightning the other nigh hit close enough to kick the circuit breakers for the master bedroom. Haven't seen where it hit yet. I've bee very lucky during this heat. Haven't lost any birds. My coops and pens re all in the shade. I've got a goose, a RB turkey hen, and Roadrunner won't stop with being broody. I'm starting to get worried about them. One of y'all said something about a frozen two liter of water. I try to keep water beside them (dangerous when getting close to the goose!)
I've tried taking the eggs but they just start again.

Artsyrobin I'm so sorry about your loss of Emily. We get much closed to a pet with a handicap and admire their ability to overcome.
We had to put a pet to sleep yesterday. Kara was a husky, 13 years old. My grandsons would sit and hold her whenever they were upset, or needed some comfort. You can imagine how heartbroken they were.

Well today is the first day of my garage sale. I put an add in the paper and while I was talking to the lady at the newspaper I told her I was going to have chickens to sell too. I didn't think she would put it in the add but she did. I sold 12 roosters and cockerels. In the first 2 hours. I just wish I packaged them with some of the other stuff lol

Well today is the first day of my garage sale. I put an add in the paper and while I was talking to the lady at the newspaper I told her I was going to have chickens to sell too. I didn't think she would put it in the add but she did. I sold 12 roosters and cockerels. In the first 2 hours. I just wish I packaged them with some of the other stuff lol
Congrats on the sale!! Those are my favorite kinds of garage sales, the ones where I come home with animals. Lol. What breeds do you have? Or do you have a free run mix? :)

For those interested in learning caponizing, I'm hosting a clinic Sunday, September 13th. I've posted this on the capon thread, but I thought there might be a few people who frequent this thread who are interested. Send me a PM if you'd like information. It's going to be at the farm just south of Haskell, OK.

Ever stop at the feed store because you just need two or three bags of feed, and you're not driving your truck? This is what I felt like yesterday:

Hubby was sick thru the night with a bad stomach bug...got little sleep...Roger is never one to be that sick....He is somewhat better now that he has finally been able to sleep and can keep ice down now.

Was up at 5 am to get chores done before a fellow BYCer drove in from Arkansas to purchase some of the Columbian Wyandotte juveniles. Wade has purchased before, but a dog got his hens a few weeks ago. Something got his rooster yesterday.He drove all the way to get some replacements. He went home with 11 juveniles, a hen and a rooster.

Thought this little video of baby goats was entertaining... hope this shows up.

Last edited:
Thought this little video of baby goats was entertaining... hope this shows up.

love.gif
Adorable!

Back
Top Bottom