***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote: she actually is a larger serama- but they are pretty small- she's ten ounces- most of mine are smaller than that- my smallest is ebony- but she sings a good egg song!
0.jpg

Anybody have any ideas how to get the police to respond to a neighbor pouring poison on a tree in the fence to our goat's yard??? Are there any oversight committees in Oklahoma to make the police do their job?

Anybody have any ideas how to get the police to respond to a neighbor pouring poison on a tree in the fence to our goat's yard??? Are there any oversight committees in Oklahoma to make the police do their job?

The district attorney might be able to help IF a crime that is enforceable by CITY CODE was actually violated or a state/federal felony which I doubt. You can also speak to the town council if its a small town and have you tried the chain of command in the department? A calm phone call or visit might help.
This could be more of a civil case or an animal case handled by animal control depending on the crime and jurisdiction rather than the police.
You will also need proof. "Knowing" isn't proving. Be careful with that so you don't end up in a slander case. If you have it and all else fails the press can work but try other methods first.
Hope this helps and yeah I know it may not be what you want to hear.

The district attorney might be able to help IF a crime that is enforceable by CITY CODE was actually violated or a state/federal felony which I doubt. You can also speak to the town council if its a small town and have you tried the chain of command in the department? A calm phone call or visit might help.
This could be more of a civil case or an animal case handled by animal control depending on the crime and jurisdiction rather than the police.
You will also need proof. "Knowing" isn't proving. Be careful with that so you don't end up in a slander case. If you have it and all else fails the press can work but try other methods first.
Hope this helps and yeah I know it may not be what you want to hear.

x2. :( Unless you SAW it happen or better yet have a video, it's not going to go very far. Maybe it's time for some game cams or security cams around you place! Sorry you're dealing with nasty neighbors!!

I hate to agree as I know how irritating some neighbors can be but the burden of proof will be on you. I'm wondering if this is his/her tree, a shared tree, or yours that overhangs the property line. Also are they poisoning the tree or your goat? If they are deliberately trying to harm your property I wouldn't think you'd have too much trouble getting someone to come out. If you've got the proof I'd go up the chain of command until someone came out or as Matt stated let the press know. If you can prove damages you could run it by an attorney to see what legal recourse might be available.

Erin, Are these the same crazy neighbors you have been dealing with over the past several years? I know they have been a thorn in your side over the driveway, their suspected activities and frustrating your animals.
Is this tree in a shared fence line with their property? or are they coming on to your property to kill the tree? Shade for your goat pen is a necessity.

Animal control can respond if they are attempting to poison your goats. You mill need some witness accounts, pictures, or even a description of the container for the poison. Having the empty container would be very helpful.

Police should respond to reports of damage to your property if the tree is yours. You may have to go to the department in person and demand that a report be taken and filed. They will only do that if you agree to prosecution and serve as a material witness.

Department of Agriculture might be a contact if the chemical used on the tree was used improperly and causes damage to more than the tree....including livestock. You will need to document when the poison was applied, what the responses have been on the tree and surrounding grass...and any effects on your goats. Again, knowing what chemical is going to be important.

Last edited:
Thought I"d post a few pictures today.

This young cockerel is in the rooster pen and was destined for freezer camp....but he is turning out to be a gorgeous and friendly young cockerel that might make a nice addition to the layer flock. He is out of a Columbian Wyandotte over a Buckeye hen

A few pictures of new chicks and some chicks growing up

These two older Cochin hens are beginning to molt and they have 20 chicks...a few are behind them. And this Blue Rosecomb taking her chicks outside to forage. That is a Porcelain d'Anver cock that is behind them.

These three hens are in the Columbian Wyandotte pen with this 2 year old cock.

The Blue Columbian pen has been molting and the cockerel with the broken leg is definitely improving. He is putting a lot of weight on that bandaged leg now.

And a few of the yard ornaments that run with the free rangers....

Back
Top Bottom