***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hey Matt,I remember hearing that sound when we lived in Okla. Haven t heard it so much here. Its really errie,like gunshots going off. Hope everyone is able to keep their power on!

This right here is a widow maker. Stuck in several inches of frozen ground

Don't guess I'll be wondering where my firewood is gonna come from

Wow what damage. Over here just south of Tulsa we are just wet wet wet. Not even slick out there, thank goodness. Hope all you south and west folks stay warm and dry and keep your electricity on through the ice!!

Wow what damage.  Over here just south of Tulsa we are just wet wet wet.  Not even slick out there, thank goodness.  Hope all you south and west folks stay warm and dry and keep your electricity on through the ice!!

The damage has doubled since I posted. Losing some chain link to branches.

Yesterday's ice

Today's ice

Last edited:
The damage has doubled since I posted. Losing some chain link to branches.

I don't know what's going to be left of my trees after this. I have three big sycamores that have lost a lot of limbs and one of my smaller trees just about split in half. As I stood outside this morning you could hear a limb breaking in the neighborhood about every 5 minutes. I may have to give in and call in a service as it looks like in the end this will go beyond my limited skills in tree trimming.

I have some spiral bands that would fit bantams or possibly breeds like hamburger, that I ordered and received the wrong size. There are 25 in both pink and blue. If anyone can use them you can have them . They are way to big for my pigeons. Also have some sealed year bands for 2015 that are about the same size if someone can use them. They all came from Strombergs and are their size 8. I didn't t realize their sizes were different than other company's sizes.
Hate to hear of all the ice damage. Hope the power stays on. We are starting to get the rain but temps are still nice.
Nana how are Roger and the calf doing?

I don't know what's going to be left of my trees after this. I have three big sycamores that have lost a lot of limbs and one of my smaller trees just about split in half. As I stood outside this morning you could hear a limb breaking in the neighborhood about every 5 minutes. I may have to give in and call in a service as it looks like in the end this will go beyond my limited skills in tree trimming.

It doesn't happen often with my type A personality that attacks everything head on but the amount of damage is feeling overwhelming right now. We lost power for a while so I had to reset and spend time dealing with that.
Still got 2 deer to finish processing
Need to rethink the way I park the coop but storm lol

And it is a lot of work to process a deer...took hours! Hope the men folk did most of the work!

oh yes they did, the accident occured around 9:30 pm and by the time all was said and done it was after midnight when we got home... Jason, Austin and a friend of Jasons brought the buck home and both my men folk stayed up till about 330am dressing the beast.

Well, it's slicker than greased goose poop, over here in our neck of the woods. Not from ice, but, from the clay mud. This stuff is worse than ice, in some ways. Not sure on our rainfall total, for this storm, but it FILLED a 6'x8'x5' deep hole in the ground, we just dug.
Put the hole in, in anticipation of erecting a ham radio tower, but, then the rain hit, and has that project on hold, likely until spring.
Anyway, I have gotten a few PM's wondering about my lack of presence here, so, I took it as a hint to at least check in. Not a lot new here. A few of you, I loosely keep in contact with, on Facebook, so you know that I'm still alive and kicking. Just not kicking too hard, lest something might kick back, and I'm too old for the additional pain that would likely cause.
I'm getting ready to caponize a few cockerels, that a friend recently gave me. One of those boys, is not going to be caponized, as he is the biggest, prettiest, Ameracauna, I've ever seen. He is the offspring of one of mine, that my friend hatched out. But, far bigger and prettier, than any other Ameracauna that I have.
Anyway, after getting a few messages, I thought I ought to come say hi to all of my friends here. I see some new monikers, so, I guess I have to acquaint myself with them, too.
I hope everyone fares well, this winter. My egg production, had dropped off, but, I turned the lights on, on a timer, a couple of weeks ago, and now, things are picking back up. I'm hoping to nearly fill a Hovabator Genesis, soon, and start getting some pullets for spring.
Best to everyone. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.
BTW-my turkeys were spared this year. I only have one tom, and two hens. Hopefully, this spring's egg production will garner me several more turkeys and guineas.

@Okla-doodle-doo Good to see you on the thread! My grandparents used to live in Tullahoma, TN. The countryside looked a lot like this NE part of Oklahoma. They didn't have nearly as many manmade ponds, but the pastures and trees were similar.

@TheBarnSwallow Wow! That's a lot of excitement. We see deer on the section of road that's not paved, but I haven't seen any near the highway in a long time. My little truck would be totaled if I hit a deer.

@SharkmanDan I was thinking about you yesterday. I saw a flock of wild geese overhead, headed southeast, and for a moment I thought: They'll be passing over Dan's place in a couple of hours. Small world moments make me happy and sad at the same time.

Grandkids have taken over my weekends: Friday to Monday. On the bright side, I can now claim my weekends are always four days long
roll.png
The rain is making the barnyard into a mud slick. I've given up using the stroller when feeding animals. Riley still fits in the sling carrier, so he gets to travel orangutan style.

One of my caponized crosses turned out well. He's a standard Cornish X Black Ameraucanas. This combination is faster growing than the standard Cornish. He makes me think of game birds, but with a much heavier breast.

Poco: It wasnt the highway... it was along route 37 here, they use troopers for everything ..lol

oh my gosh that baby face is adorable!!!

Good to see you still on here.. I was going along a list of the folks I knew from days gone bye and see many of them have not posted in quite some time... I at least see some familiar names like yours n NanaKat and Kassundra.. :)

Back
Top Bottom