***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Still have a number of chicks zipping in the incubator.
So far I've moved 15 to a brooder and will distribute the chicks tomorrow to four broody hens. There are three bantam hens that will get four chicks each....a bantam hen can handle four large fowl this time of year. They make great mothers.
I finished cleaning and turning 8 of the 4 X 16 foot beds today. My hair was Okie wind braided by the time I finished. Tomorrow I can plant onions and set out the cabbage, collards, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and potatoes...

Still have a number of chicks zipping in the incubator.
So far I've moved 15 to a brooder and will distribute the chicks tomorrow to four broody hens. There are three bantam hens that will get four chicks each....a bantam hen can handle four large fowl this time of year. They make great mothers.
I finished cleaning and turning 8 of the 4 X 16 foot beds today. My hair was Okie wind braided by the time I finished. Tomorrow I can plant onions and set out the cabbage, collards, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and potatoes...

Okie wind braided!
lau.gif

Hi everyone!

I'm new to BYC and to chickens in general. Been thinking about it for a while. Finally decided to take the plunge and brought home a Silver Laced Wyandotte yesterday and then an Ameraucana and a Brown Leghorn today. The SLW is 5 days old and the other two are both 2 days old. Also decided to jump into gardening with very little experience - maybe this is my mid-life crisis? I'm okay with that, lol.

I love hearing everyone's advice, funny stories and quirky pet names. Feel free to message
smile.png

Thanx!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to BYC and to chickens in general. Been thinking about it for a while. Finally decided to take the plunge and brought home a Silver Laced Wyandotte yesterday and then an Ameraucana and a Brown Leghorn today. The SLW is 5 days old and the other two are both 2 days old. Also decided to jump into gardening with very little experience - maybe this is my mid-life crisis? I'm okay with that, lol.

I love hearing everyone's advice, funny stories and quirky pet names. Feel free to message :)

Thanx!

Life changes ain't a bad thing despite what the media and tv says
1f600.png

Good place here

Went and dug up some wild onions at the In Laws and replanted them here at my place. Love them things

Just finished cleaning the kitchen after putting up 37.5 pints of strawberry jam. Im bushed. Firelake grocery had strawberries on sale for $1 a pound carton. We bought 32 pounds... sent 8 to Roger's sister...had a few with lunch...2 pounds still need to ripen overnight...and processed the rest for the jam.

Back
Top Bottom