***OKIES in the BYC III ***

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's our 4 new chicks. Mama is never far away. They learned how to drink from the nipple waterer this week. I'm still not sure what breed or mix of breeds they are. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to tell gender before any crowing starts. The other hens are tolerating them ok for the time being.

Looking for a chicken vet, Central OK. One of my hens broke some of her beak and needs professional care. Anybody around the Shawnee area work on chickens?
There is an avian vet in Shawnee...office is on Harrison. He is surgery on a hen for me...$189 to remove two tumors. Had to knock her out and monitor oxygen during the surgery.
Can you post a photo of your hen's beak?
Some cracks can be superglued with wound glue to hold until the break grows out.
Some breaks can be smoothed with a Dremel.
A broken tip can be sealed with wound glue and monitored until it grows out.

Hi. This is my 1st time to have chickens. I have 6 chicks approx 3months old. Anyone in Tulsa area ? Everyone is surprised that I have chickens in Tulsa. Just wondering who else might be around. I have 2 Silkies that I got straight Run & hoping they are female. 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Barred Rock. I sometimes worry I have created a disaster but seems to be going well so far. I have started to let them out of their coop/run in the evening s & they so return to their roosts @ darktime. I'm really enjoying them. They always make me smile & laugh.

Attachments

• IMG_6112.JPG
    IMG_6112.JPG
    645.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6124.PNG
    IMG_6124.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6144.JPG
    IMG_6144.JPG
    875.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi. This is my 1st time to have chickens. I have 6 chicks approx 3months old. Anyone in Tulsa area ? Everyone is surprised that I have chickens in Tulsa. Just wondering who else might be around. I have 2 Silkies that I got straight Run & hoping they are female. 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Barred Rock. I sometimes worry I have created a disaster but seems to be going well so far. I have started to let them out of their coop/run in the evening s & they so return to their roosts @ darktime. I'm really enjoying them. They always make me smile & laugh.
Pretty birds!
:welcome

Does anyone in central Oklahoma have Serama eggs for sale? I'm thinking about doing one more hatching before I shut down my incubator for the year.

Hi everyone, I have been gone a long long time , but I am back!
I wanted to say that I don't raise and sell Silkies any longer. I have become fascinated with Peafowl and will be hatching and raising more this yr. I'll be selling some along the way.
I LOVE my Silkies but I've fallen in love with the "big birds".
Hope to hear from some of you, I've missed you.
ps, Silkies STILL are the best chicken Mamas I ever saw, they hatch the peafowl eggs and then lovingly raise the chicks.

I have another broody. I can't do another hatch, so I will reluctantly have to break her. I could let her hatch, but I wouldn't be able to let her keep any, and that would be sad.

Back
Top Bottom