***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Going into Winter the possibility of another outbreak of AI is looming. We got kinda blindsided last Autumn so start bio-security early this year. The highest risk is along the flyways of the migrating waterfowl. In any case be on watch for the symptoms of AI in your flock.

We were very fortunate last spring here in Oklahoma with the confirmation of only one commercial flock and one wild duck last April. Many other states suffered far worse. USDA APHIS | 2022 Confirmations of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Commercial and Backyard Flocks The cases slowed down during the summer but states to our north have begun seeing new cases as the wild migratory waterfowl begin their southern migration. We expect that we will have an increased number of infected waterfowl in Oklahoma this fall/winter and will likely see an increased number of cases. Because of that we really want to encourage poultry producers (both backyard and commercial) to plan ways they can increase and implement biosecurity in their flocks. You can learn more about HPAI here: USDA APHIS | Avian Influenza . I’ve also attached an information sheet with some information about HPAI and some hints on how to increase biosecurity.

Kind Regards,

Sherrie Davis | Administrative Programs Officer

NPIP Coordinator & Equine Assistant

Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry

2800 N. Lincoln Blvd. OKC, OK 73105

[email protected]

Hi! Im located outside of Tulsa! We just moved to acreage and are in the beginning stages of homesteading. We have a small flock of 9 chickens who will hopefully start laying soon! We also have two ducks (who we may need to rehome FYI.)

Anyone near Coweta?

Hi! Im located outside of Tulsa! We just moved to acreage and are in the beginning stages of homesteading. We have a small flock of 9 chickens who will hopefully start laying soon! We also have two ducks (who we may need to rehome FYI.)

Anyone near Coweta?
Welcome to this little (currently inactive) thread.
I'm the other side of Tulsa or I'd help with the ducks.

Anyone near Coweta?
Kingfisher area here. Welcome. Yes things here are rather slow but I almost bet there are more lurkers that we know about.

Kingfisher area here. Welcome. Yes things here are rather slow but I almost bet there are more lurkers that we know about.
I wish they would get the road fixed between Watonga and Kingfisher, what has been done is much better then what it was and it will be nice when done. I don't go that way often and it is usually a costly parts run when I go.

I wish they would get the road fixed between Watonga and Kingfisher, what has been done is much better then what it was and it will be nice when done. I don't go that way often and it is usually a costly parts run when I go.
Oil patch traffic has pretty much destroyed most of the roads around here. Up in NW Ok at least Sandridge would fix the back roads when that little boom was going on,

Without the oilfield there is just about nothing in this area. A lot of what goes on with the county roads depends on the county commissioners standing up to them. Some areas of Kansas commercial trucks have to be permitted to operate on secondary roads.

Without the oilfield there is just about nothing in this area. A lot of what goes on with the county roads depends on the county commissioners standing up to them. Some areas of Kansas commercial trucks have to be permitted to operate on secondary roads.
Through the years I have made a good living off of the oil patch from time to time. The companies that I have worked for used to kind of sneak in and out of Kansas. LOL There were a lot of wells from Caldwell to Dodge that we worked on. I was actually born and spent my early years in Wichita. We moved back in about ‘74. Mom and dad thought I was about the right age to start getting in to real trouble! LOL

Back
Top Bottom