***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
In these 100 degree temperatures, it may be incubating. I had some eggs from deep in the hen house litter and wasn't certain how fresh they might be. I was going to put them in the incubator, but forgot about the bucket of eggs for a few days and then decided to just feed them to the dog. Despite them being in the bucket in the barn for at least 3 days, there were live embryos in several eggs.

I would give it the "sniff test" if you think it might be spoiling.

no smell, so i need to keep it in the warm sill right? just in case?

Quote:
In these 100 degree temperatures, it may be incubating. I had some eggs from deep in the hen house litter and wasn't certain how fresh they might be. I was going to put them in the incubator, but forgot about the bucket of eggs for a few days and then decided to just feed them to the dog. Despite them being in the bucket in the barn for at least 3 days, there were live embryos in several eggs.

I would give it the "sniff test" if you think it might be spoiling.

no smell, so i need to keep it in the warm sill right? just in case?

I would probably move it out of the direct sunlight since that will heat it above the 100 degrees it needs to incubate.

Quote:
Had no idea we have porcupines here, wow.

I didn't either till last year I went to black mesa and saw all the roadkilled porcupines on the road around woodward.

Quote:
Glad to hear your keet hatches are going well - what colors do you have?

I still have 2 that are taking a long time to hatch, nervous a out those ones--- they are still making progress. Peaking through the window of the incubator I have the normal pearl, lavender, pied think I see at least 1 coral & This light colored keet
60bb5fb3.jpg

Last edited:
Happy 4th everyone! Family, food and fun!

My 4 1/2 month old rooster charged at me yesterday and today came after me when I turned my back to him. I kicked him back a few steps today after he did it. I guess my question is, do all roosters show this kind of behavior in their juvenile stage or do I have the making of an aggressive roo?

On the broody hatching front...not going well. Hope to have at least 3 of the 24 hatch a week from today.
fl.gif

We have had several grass fires set yesterday and today due to fireworks. Everyone be safe tonight!
Lori

Quote:
Actually that auction is usually pretty hopping with good prices.. and its also ran by some of our fellow BYCers who are faithful hard workers... I suggest that before you knock it you should try it... some of the PO's that happen are for legitimate reasons and some folks maybe but a very select few for onery reasons.. but for the most part the folks that run it keep tabs on the foolish sellers and work hard to make it a legitimate auction..

It is after all a auction You either love em or hate em..

Jeannie

Howdy everyone wanted to drop in and say hello. Computer has been down for a while but we are up and running again. Its hot and dry here we are now getting hay from around Durant, thats a 6 hour trip each way from here. Its getting expensive to keep these horses fed. We are keeping the misters running all afternoon but we haven't lost a bird or rabbit to heat yet. Hope everyone is doing good stay cool.

Quote:
Not all of them. I have yet to be challanged by either a NN or any of our Oriental Games. Pick that rooster up and carry it around while you do the chores, for some reason it hurts their pride.

Back
Top Bottom