***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Still have lots of pens I want to get built before spring, but thought I would show some of my birds and pens now that they are starting to settle into their new place.
Black asil bantam hen
k9jjg6.jpg

Bantam asil cock
jt2rko.jpg

Spangled bantam asil
2rhqsmp.jpg

Front view
ehcfvs.jpg

I have been informed by the wife that she is thinking about getting a couple milk goats..... who in the Harrah area has any, or just semi local, that might be willing to share some information, and possibly a small amount of goats milk, to see whether we like it or not.....any help would be much appreciated....i will be attending the Harrah auction tomorrow ....

Quote:
Faery, what'd you have? My muscles and joints have been so sore I can literally barely move. I thought it was getting better last night but now I'm way worse today. I've neglected my fish water changes, my husbands taking care of the dogs & big chickens and I shuffle outside huddled in sweatshirts twice a day to take care of the turkeys & the 4 mo old's. This is bad.
What symtoms did you have? I'd sure fell better to know there was something going around, at least it'd explain it.

I had one of the ceramic piggy heads I made and was holding it against different fabrics at Wal-Mart today to see which would make the best body for the piggy dolls I'm making for my granddaughters. Another shopper saw the head and asked which isle they were on, as she had been all through the fabric and crafts areas and could not find them. I explained that I made the head. She looked at me blankly and then told me she didn't believe me. She disappeared for a bit and then returned with a store employee. She pointed to the piggy head and asked, loudly, where in the store she could find the doll heads. The employee turned the head over in her hands, looked at me, and then told the shopper the store didn't stock them. The clerk and I were showered with unhappy words, and then the angry shopper spun her cart around and left in search of a manager. I had my fabric measured and cut before the head hunter returned, so I don't know what happened if/when the angry shopper returned with a manager. Without me or the head, the manager may have been accused of conspiring to withhold merchandise. Too much stress. I'm so glad I don't work in retail.

34274_piggies.jpg

Quote:
Faery, what'd you have? My muscles and joints have been so sore I can literally barely move. I thought it was getting better last night but now I'm way worse today. I've neglected my fish water changes, my husbands taking care of the dogs & big chickens and I shuffle outside huddled in sweatshirts twice a day to take care of the turkeys & the 4 mo old's. This is bad.
What symtoms did you have? I'd sure fell better to know there was something going around, at least it'd explain it.

I went home from work on Monday and went to bed around 8. I woke up at 2 am with the shakes. Called in to work that morning, stayed in bed, didn't actually get out of bed for longer than maybe 15-20 minutes until Tuesday evening (James was off Monday evening but had to work Tuesday evening, which meant I had to watch my kid/feed her and such). So far, I'm the only one that has gotten sick. I've had gastric issues (stomach, intestines), nausea & some vertigo, muscle weakness/soreness/pain, but no temperature. I forced myself up on Wednesday and went to work at 10am since I literally work by myself at the central office and no one was due in yesterday. I went home around 2pm. Today I'm working 9am-3pm, again 100% by myself. I can guarantee that when I go home, I'll take a nap until James has to leave to go to work. It's awful. I'm behind on maintenance to the big fish tank in the living room, and James had to clean out the bedding for the remaining little chick and feed/water the bigger teens. The outside girls have a big feeder and waterer, so they've been ok so far (Dee went out there and dealt with the water this morning).

Back
Top Bottom