***OKIES in the BYC III ***

New member to BYC and I was doing some scrounging around and found this thread. I'm so happy there are threads by state, that's cool. I'm living in Broken Arrow Oklahoma (technically in the city limits.. shhhh don't tell)

I'm a new chicken momma. I have one chicken. We may be getting a friend for her but until the coop I ordered comes in my husband says my chicken buying is on hiatus.

Luna is my red sex link hen. She is 5 weeks old. She loves watching TV. She sits on my shoulders while I pick up the house, fold laundry, pull weeds, etc. We have totally embraced this whole chicken thing. When we open the back door she comes running. And if something scares her while she is enjoying some supervised free roaming she runs straight for my legs. It's the funniest thing.

I look forward to reading posts here! This is a great site.

Welcome brokenarrowchic. No reason to stop getting chicks... Chicks live in brooders not coops. Your DH must not realize the coop always comes after the chickens!

You need to join us at poops in Choctaw Saturday. We will help you get enough chicks to fill the coop by the time it arrives.

welcome-byc.gif
the okie home of byc! they are a riot- really! sounds like some of the chickens i have had- i have to be careful with one of my chicks, Gertie, she hears my voice and is there! and if i'm in the kitchen, the poor thing skids!
New member to BYC and I was doing some scrounging around and found this thread. I'm so happy there are threads by state, that's cool. I'm living in Broken Arrow Oklahoma (technically in the city limits.. shhhh don't tell)

welcome-byc.gif
BrokenArrowChick! Ahh, the first young steps in the life of a new "chickener".
lau.gif
Welcome to OKIES in the BYC. Chicken Math, you must learn how to do Chicken Math as it is plain from this post that you will need it. We have many enablers on OKIES in the BYC who will offer to tutor you for free - some modest expenditure may be involved as you progress through the educational steps of Chickening, but in all you will find it a very friendly and fun bunch to hang out with.
highfive.gif
Glad you found us.

Psst, psst, hey guys, she's already got one AND she's got her named! Good start jcatblum, she'll be ready to listen to you when you begin chicken math lessons!

Last edited:
Oh mah goodness ya'll, I got behind on this thread and had just about given up on catching up...but I made it! I'm coming to POOPS and I am very excited...and I am bringing chickens and my one chicken keeping friend ...but in my haste to read through the thread I have missed the t-shirt information...I think that I need at least a ladies small and a child's medium and maybe more? Can I get more the day of?

I am so jealous of all the gardeners posting the gorgeous gardens..mine keeps getting pecked into oblivion...but I am working on that....

I really am going to try to get photos of what I am bringing....and post them! Stuff keeps happening around here like TORNADO on the next block over and a bank robber next door ( the whole thing is too lengthy to post but yes the cross dressing bank robber was my next door neighbor and the people who investigate those things now all dress like casual Friday on a daily basis now which I did not know) and school field trips and why O why is it that the most beautiful season that we should get to savor is the one that is just so crammed up with events? Anyone else feeling that? Like it is Christmas Busy this Spring?

ANYWAY! Hope to pop up some photos tomorrow and see you all at POOPS

Kelly

Oh mah goodness ya'll, I got behind on this thread and had just about given up on catching up...but I made it! I'm coming to POOPS and I am very excited...and I am bringing chickens and my one chicken keeping friend ...but in my haste to read through the thread I have missed the t-shirt information...I think that I need at least a ladies small and a child's medium and maybe more? Can I get more the day of?

I am so jealous of all the gardeners posting the gorgeous gardens..mine keeps getting pecked into oblivion...but I am working on that....

I really am going to try to get photos of what I am bringing....and post them! Stuff keeps happening around here like TORNADO on the next block over and a bank robber next door ( the whole thing is too lengthy to post but yes the cross dressing bank robber was my next door neighbor and the people who investigate those things now all dress like casual Friday on a daily basis now which I did not know) and school field trips and why O why is it that the most beautiful season that we should get to savor is the one that is just so crammed up with events? Anyone else feeling that? Like it is Christmas Busy this Spring?

Kelly
Christmas busy - that says it all!

I'm a new chicken momma. I have one chicken. We may be getting a friend for her but until the coop I ordered comes in my husband says my chicken buying is on hiatus.

Luna is my red sex link hen. She is 5 weeks old. She loves watching TV. She sits on my shoulders while I pick up the house, fold laundry, pull weeds, etc. We have totally embraced this whole chicken thing. When we open the back door she comes running. And if something scares her while she is enjoying some supervised free roaming she runs straight for my legs. It's the funniest thing.

I look forward to reading posts here! This is a great site.
welcome-byc.gif
from Meeker. First lesson in chicken Math...a bird doesn't count if it isn't laying. Tell hubby you "really don't have any chickens" yet. Then go ahead and get a friend. Since it won't be laying, it also won't count yet.

Kelly

welcome-byc.gif
A spring schedule always seems sooooo hectic. Glad to hear you are coming to POOPS. There will be some really neat folks attending and some great birds too.

We are getting some heavy rain and lots of lightening. The dogs have been shivering in my lap all evening. Going to take them to bed... Check in in the morning. And will psot pictures then too.

Good Morning Everyone, 4 more days till POOPS! Got a fair bit of the wet stuff here noting like what I drove through tonight coming back from Chickasha it was really coming down west of here but we did get a little so I shouldn't have any trouble digging up the cane roots for those that want some I plan on bringing plenty to POOPS and may have a big bag for the raffle table Nothing like winning something that equals work LOL well going to try to get in a couple more hours of sleep before I have to get up for the day Hope everyone has a great day :)

Morning all, thought I would read abit and get the day started right. Have another long day ahead of me just getting ready to walk out the door. will check back in this evening.

Back
Top Bottom