***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Had a good time @ poops. Was good to see everyone. Will be setting the eggs we won tomorrow. Got lots of neat raffle prizes. Maybe that means we bought to many tickets??? Came home with an unexpected roo, but we will pair him up with some ladies & he will do fine I am sure.
Kids begged to go to the auction. We didn't stay long. Bought a pr of Mandarin ducks so have to hit atwoods before they close. Really wanted to see what those dark brammas went for. They would have loved to come home with me, but the ducks hit the table first. Hopefully a BYCer buys the dark brammas & I can beg & pled for eggs!
i bought the nine young ones, four cockerels and three pullets. The quad went for $26 apiece, I left for a few minutes and when I returned Al told me they ran them thru again and then they sold for a total of $43. Some people need to listen to the auctioneer before they start bidding.

Jim, you got the babies???? I'm so glad!
I'd love to buy a male off you if you're not planning on keeping all 4. I still havent found a male anywhere, or even eggs! Name your price and I'll pay it! I'll throw in the begging and pleading for free lol

Oh my what a day!!! I am dog gone POOPED!!! Well let's see, Kurt came home with 4 of Betsy's sweet little silkie chicks, and a banty cochin rooster. Nathanael came home with some OEGB chicks and then the little stink won a pair in the raffle. I gave each boy 2 tickets to put in the raffle bags, he put one in for a kite and one in for the little pair and we didn't come home with a kite! LOL Jack came home empty handed but he didn't really see any he wanted. He is pretty happy with his one pair and then the chicks Carl hatched out for him. Jennifer came home with a young banty cochin pullet, and then DH got a wonderful trio from NanaKat!!! He was happy to hear about that. He has been wanting some but we had kind of decided on not buying any. Well he didn't have to, lol.

We then went to Newcastle and got 4 barred rock hens. I really hope I don't kick myself for that, haha. Was hoping when I got home that the hatcher would be peeping but no such luck. This batch got to hot at one point so I didn't hold out much hope for them but you never know. I was going to set eggs tonight but it is going to wait until tomorrow I am bushed! Glad to meet so many new BYC ers and put names and faces together. The kids had a great time and loved the egg contest. It has been a great day.

Cityclucks so glad the keets are doing well.

Bill tomorrow I will work on the cuttings 8 roots. Thanks so much. I have really been wanting something that could withstand the sun & wind here.

Nocityboy-- we want some eggs this fall!!!! If you want I will hatch them on halves with you. I so would have jumped on the quad for that price!! But I spent plenty on the ducks that we fell in love with. Don't think DH has ever liked a bird enough just to stop & stare at them. So we had to buy those birds! The mandrians are in my bathroom they had a midnight snack & dirty their water dish all up. Tomorrow they get to move into the old peafowl pen. 2 tiny birds in a 28x28 pen. They will be in heaven!!! Poor guineas will be mad, been letting them play in the wildflowers in the old peafowl cage & they have been laying there eggs in there every day. Don't tell the guineas I sold them out for 2 pretty ducks.

I had tons of fun today. I think it totally wiped my parents out, though.
Completely energetic right now, thanks to the StarBucks Coffee I decided to end the day with
hide.gif
I think I'm going to finish it out by watching the new hens settle into their new backyard yard and finish a movie I started earlier.
Also, I have decided to be a 'Good' little Stray and keep in touch more often. Or at least try.

Darn, I didn't even think to take any pics. Another fabulous time at POOPS. Hmmmm.... I won a hibiscus in the raffle, bought some pretties from Betsy, some chicks from Jack and a new roo for my DS from Rebecca. Gotta chat with so many people, Teva & Les, Betsy & Vashi, Monty, Mary, Beth........ Missed a few people as well.

Learned a whole lot more about beekeeping from Maribeth. Found out where Mary's swap is that everyone's always talking about. Even met my first guard llama.

All around a really great time.
What? How did I miss a llama!?

Cityclucks so glad the keets are doing well.

Bill tomorrow I will work on the cuttings 8 roots. Thanks so much. I have really been wanting something that could withstand the sun & wind here.

Nocityboy-- we want some eggs this fall!!!! If you want I will hatch them on halves with you. I so would have jumped on the quad for that price!! But I spent plenty on the ducks that we fell in love with. Don't think DH has ever liked a bird enough just to stop & stare at them. So we had to buy those birds! The mandrians are in my bathroom they had a midnight snack & dirty their water dish all up. Tomorrow they get to move into the old peafowl pen. 2 tiny birds in a 28x28 pen. They will be in heaven!!! Poor guineas will be mad, been letting them play in the wildflowers in the old peafowl cage & they have been laying there eggs in there every day. Don't tell the guineas I sold them out for 2 pretty ducks.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

The ducks really are gorgeous.
Quote:
gig.gif
Muesky's llamas are unique in that they want to smell your breath. They are very docile to people but they also have no fear of people and like to put their face about 6 inches from your face. Meeting them is a fun experience.
cool.png

what a day, what a day!
I am tired but content after a total day of poultry and talking to fine chicken people. Jaxon had a totally awesome time buying baby chicks all day and is very happy with the teenagers he bought from Betsy - who is one of his favorite people from the first time he talked to her about her silkies several years ago. She patiently explained to a young boy the finer aspects of silkies and he fell in love with them. Winning the baby chicks in the fancy cage that Monty donated - pretty NNs and all - was the icing on the cake for him.

Christina, you have a new best friend. Jaxon was so excited about the egg contest and the basket of chips, cookies and candy he won for the largest egg. Your daughters were nice to him at Newcastle and he had a wonderful evening after a wonderful day. I will likely never be able to go to Newcastle again - without Jaxon.

Jaxon purchased 2 guinea pigs at the Newcastle auction. He explained on the phone to his dad that he bought 2 guinea pigs, because they were so pretty and "very reasonably priced." His reading skills were improved last night when he looked up the feeding requirements of guinea pigs on the internet, then proceeded to read everything to me. The word "rhubarb" did stump him, but some adults would pause at that word as well.

I will be sending a text message to Lou, wife of our beloved Stimpy, that she won the honeysuckle vine in the raffle. She handed me her tickets as she left with the request that if she won, she wanted the honeysuckle. I drew a line along the back of her tickets so I wouldn't get them confused with my tickets,

There were a pair of pretty "rose colored glasses" left on a table on the West side of the pavilion, where the T-shirts, raffle tickets and Fun Chick's pretty bags/jewelry were being sold. If the owner will send me a PM, I will mail them. NanaKat? Sooner? Funchick?

Back
Top Bottom