***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Oh my goodness how BYC has changed!!! Took me forever just to figure out how to find our Okie thread! Are all my old BYC Okie originals still around??? I don't even recognize so many of the posters' names now. =(

I've started posting my Oklahoma photography, and came across the last POOPS that I attended. Wow that was forever ago! Anyway, hope everyone is doing well! I miss the world of the BYC!

Here's a link to my photos. Come "like" my Facebook page! =D
http://www.facebook.com/OklahomaRainPhotos
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OklahomaRain

There are still a lot of the "original" group that still lurk. I am in the background several times a week but have been too busy to stay on much. Grace and I are working in Duncan and we don't even have internet at home so we don't spend much time browsing. It's it good to know you are still around. Hope everything is going well with you.

Grace has been cooking all week getting ready for the Stephens county fair this week. It will be strange not being in Bryan county for the fair but it looks like they have a pretty good fair here.

There are still a lot of the "original" group that still lurk. I am in the background several times a week but have been too busy to stay on much. Grace and I are working in Duncan and we don't even have internet at home so we don't spend much time browsing. It's it good to know you are still around. Hope everything is going well with you.

Grace has been cooking all week getting ready for the Stephens county fair this week. It will be strange not being in Bryan county for the fair but it looks like they have a pretty good fair here.
Hi!!!!! Glad to see we've still got some friendly lurkers. LOL. How is Grace!? Is she living in Duncan now?? I used to bake cakes for the Grady County fair, so fun! I just moved to Mustang, so no fairs for me this year. Does Grace do anything at the State Fair?

Wanted to add, I don't have internet either. I spend too much time outside! I do all my computer business at work now. Lol. Hey have you guys ever heard of the BioBlitz ? Since my Environmental Science degree doesn't apply to my job, I do alot of nature/biosurveying kind of stuff. The BioBlitz is awesome!

Last edited:
So nice to "see" you! You're one of the real sweethearts and have been missed!

Oh my goodness how BYC has changed!!! Took me forever just to figure out how to find our Okie thread! Are all my old BYC Okie originals still around??? I don't even recognize so many of the posters' names now. =(

I've started posting my Oklahoma photography, and came across the last POOPS that I attended. Wow that was forever ago! Anyway, hope everyone is doing well! I miss the world of the BYC!

Here's a link to my photos. Come "like" my Facebook page! =D
http://www.facebook.com/OklahomaRainPhotos
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OklahomaRain

I know we will be better off building with cash.... We just need patience to keep us on track. We came close to straying to order a modular home, but the numbers just didn't work. It was going to cost almost the same as a stick build.
Think we may be looking at building a house that our kids may never live in..... Oh a nice quiet clean house. That does sound good!

Grace hasn't had time to do anything at the State level lately. We moved to Duncan last year when she went to work for KellPro (the same place I work). She stay busy at work and after work she does some photography, cooking and reading.

Haven't heard of the Bio site but will check it out. Sounds like you have an interesting life now. You were always a ball of energy!

So nice to "see" you! You're one of the real sweethearts and have been missed!
Aw thanks!!! =) I really miss everyone! One of the nicest bunches of people I've ever met are right here on this board. Well, not literally. You know what I mean. LOL

Grace's dad, I didn't realize you all had moved! I bet its nice being closer to work though. You still have chickens, right??? Tell Grace I'd love to see her photos sometime!

Here's the link to last year's BioBlitz: http://www.biosurvey.ou.edu/bioblitz/BioBlitz2011.html
My surveying focus was butterflies; there's several pictures of me in there with my net. Lol

OH!!! I'm an aunt! My little nephew Britton was born June 21st =D

Last edited:
Good to see of "Older" posters again!
Congrats on the cute little niece.

We have a dozer man out reworking one of our ponbds and digging a channel to another pond so runnoff will keep it and the ones below it filled....a flood plane area is only good when there is rain....so we are preparing now.

Loving the cooler temps and the forcasts of rain to come. Need to get out to the garden to clean out more beds for fall cover crops that the birds will love. Have tons of compost now that can go in the beds too.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Does anybody know were I can by some seeds for planting to grow the ingredients for organic feed?

Try Territorial Seed. I know they sell bulk grains and they sell a lot of organic seed too but I've never bought it so I don't know what they have specifically. I grew Sorghum and quinoa this year from Baker Creek Seed and they both grew well. I don't know that we'll do the quinoa again because the harvest is so small for the amount of space it takes but my sorghum now has put up three heads per stalk this year which is a great grain harvest. We bought "Sugar Drip" sorghum. Also most health food stores carry wheat ... it's meant for eating in recipes but it's not treated and therefore will grow. You can also buy giant sunflowers and grow them to add to the feed mix.

I know we will be better off building with cash.... We just need patience to keep us on track. We came close to straying to order a modular home, but the numbers just didn't work. It was going to cost almost the same as a stick build.
Think we may be looking at building a house that our kids may never live in..... Oh a nice quiet clean house. That does sound good!

Oh some days that patience is hard to find, isn't it? We keep thinking by the time we get our land bought and build a house on it we'll be too old to do any farming and by then we'll probably have grandkids so the house STILL won't be clean. Haha. or quiet ...

Back
Top Bottom