Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnswallow, You are Al's neighbor. I am sure he will give you the proper welcome when he is on. Here is mine
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Jimp in and have fun. Let us know about yourself and your birds.
Monty

Quote:
LOL I was just thinking I would give you $75 per hour and you keep the roos!!!

Dang roos.....

(*Hennies sharpens axe*)

Wow is it hot out there. Lost a turkey today no reason, had food water free roam, no sign of any damage.
Also lost a young oeg cock.

Soaking all the waterers today. Doing a ton of cleaning in the house and the pens. Dang why couldnt I have done it last week when it was cooler. Oh yea it rained most of that time.

Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a good day! Just finished changing water out and gave the flock the mister for awhile. They seem to enjoy the mist. My little silkie boy seems to be doing alot better. It's funny to watch him. He really thinks he is the big boy of the yard. Though none of the girls think so. We named him Romeo.
He is a real sweet roo. Follows me around while I work. Think I'm falling for the silkies!!
love.gif

welcome-byc.gif
to all the new folks you'll really enjoy this bunch!!!

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

welcome to one of the best threads on BYC. If you are not yet addicted to hatching, poultry auctions and acquiring new birds, stay around and we can change that.
smile.png
If you are already showing signs of poultry addiction - you are in the right place - this group is full of enablers
lau.gif

Thanks guys for the welcome and for those of you curious to know where Elgin is.... its located just North East of Lawton Fort Sill Area...

Here is my quick Bio:

I am Jeannie Married to my highschool sweet tart Jason who is active duty military, we have two spunky kids DD 13 DS 8 , we bought our first hobby farm 9 months ago.. Currently being momma to

2 White Embden Goslings
6 Ducklings(not sure their breed yet)
5 Bronze baby turkeys

with

14 RIR and 14 Barred Rock chicks on the way

Fur Babies include

1 Shetland Pony (Trisket)

2 Cats( Shadow and Sir Lancelot)

1 Dog( Dixie of the East Side)

2 Nubian does( Sophie and Baby G )

numerous field mice(although my dog and cats keep them at bay)

now for a QUESTION for those of you with a mixed set of birds)

Since its been pretty warm here in OK Our fowl are all 2 weeks old... Our barn gets to be in the 90+ during the day but cools down to the 80+, I am wanting to get the fowl moved outta my house and into the barn. Do you think this would be wise? Or would the heat get to them? Or do you think it might be ok if I weather/pest/enemy proofed the hutch brooder and placed them outside? I posted this question in the Duck area of the BYC but no responses... Any ideas would be helpful

THANKS

Last edited:
Quote:
OK Stimpy, just read your coment to my wife and she says just wait till Poops and she will ring homemade biscuits and bake them there so they will be hot for you and I bet some how someway I could come up with some Okra Kool-aid!!!!! Lynn

Did ya get that!!! We are bringin Hot Biscuits guys!!!!
big_smile.png
cool.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom