Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm just going to bring the waterers in at night. It took forever to get them all thawed this morning and I felt like I was wasting a ton of hot water running them under the tap. I'll be raking the damp straw out of the quail pen in a bit, but those guys seem to be doing just fine so far. Some of them were even smart enough to go inside where there was fresh straw and a heat lamp. The chickens and peacocks seem to be doing a-ok, with the exception of my black australorp rooster. It looks like I need to add even more ventilation to that coop to keep frostbite at bay. Only one of the Old English came outside today, and he changed his mind in a hurry.

62482_sn201595.jpg

Kwartel after it warms up you need to rake a bunch those leaves up in the woods and toss them into the pen. The hens will have a great time going thru them for treats! I did mine and they were even out this morning scrathing a hole down thru the leaves just as happy as they could be!

Someone on nearby craigslist has 40-60 chickens to give away! Can't pick and choose but have to take all. Proably a bunch of duds or roosters or really crappy ones but who knows so I answered ,hopefully they call back! Dang where fould I put 40 chickens! I can see me getting in trouble over this deal.!lol:oops:
smack.gif
again!

Quote:
LOL, funny you should say that because that is one that I had found for a new chicken for our shirts providing I am still the one doing them that is. I think I will do a poll for the colors this year.

I am going to close the bottoms in when I get home. a feed sack & hay will be easy enough.

Quote:
LOL, funny you should say that because that is one that I had found for a new chicken for our shirts providing I am still the one doing them that is. I think I will do a poll for the colors this year.

I am going to close the bottoms in when I get home. a feed sack & hay will be easy enough.

Carah , leave it to you to come up with a festive pic such as that for our poops shirts , but i like it

Not the entire picture just the roo on the fence. I have some others & will look for more in my spare time.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I hadn't even realized it was 1/11/11 today.
th.gif

How did you "survive" without your cell phone for 3 days? I have been known to turn around and go back home if I forget to pick mine up on the way out the door to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom