*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Did they change the ordinances? When I got first got chickens in '08 I called and they said no rooster because of the noise. Please point me to the ordinance - I want to know for sure that it's in writing!

I read that too. It just says 6 adult birds and a certain number of chicks. Nothing about roos. We decided not to get them, but when I read it, it seemed legal.

It's been quite hasn't it? I had a busy day today so I didn't get to post much.

I spent alot of time outside once I got home, it sure was nice.

I've been at work and have had a raging headache!
he.gif

poco- they will start unloading birds at 7:00 but you will want to allready be in the line i plan on being there about 6:00/6:15 os i am in about the midal you do not want to be the first row or the last right in the midale sells best and 5 birds per cage trios or quads are beter if they are verry rare then put only one bird per cage and wach the sharks fight over them LOL hope this helps well see you on sat

Thanks, Okla-doodle, for the info about putting together small groups. I was leaning that way because I'd hesitated to bid on a large group of hens before. I only wanted a few, so I couldn't see my way clear to buying three times as many.

nocityboy - Here is a picture of the younger silver duckwing bantam rooster. He's quite showy. Send me a PM if you think your friend would be interested.

34274_dscn09323125_small.jpg

I ended up having to go to TSC and Atwoods today to stock up on food. TSC doesn't carry gamebird starter and Atwoods doesn't carry unmedicated chick starter. I was able to resist all their bins of chicks. Then Atwoods sold me an imaginary bale of vermiculite. The loading guy found the peat moss I bought and searched high and low for the vermiculite, only to find out that it exists only in their computers and not in the real world. I had to stand around with an antsy 3 year old while they figured that out and then had to find a way to refund my money.
barnie.gif

On a positive note, I did find my seed potatoes, nest egg gourds, and another packet of flower seeds that I had been looking for. And all the creatures will be able to eat for another week.

Joe - Thanks! I'm going to be prepared. I want to get there around 6:00 as well. Maybe we'll see each other idling in line
smile.png

NAKED NECK PICTURES !!!!! I took a few pictures this evening just before dark.

The first picture is of my blue copper olive egger roosters over blue frizzle naked neck hens for my project birds. I'm hoping to create blue copper frizzle naked neck olive eggers. I've got 5 blue frizzle hens in there with the 2 roos, so I guess I'd better take one of the roosters out of there since the poor girls are missing feathers on their backs now. So ... which rooster should I let stay? The lighter red or the darker red head?

6412_turkens_2011_010.jpg

Here's one of my blue completely naked neck hens with a frizzle rooster. She has a full crop from stuffing herself this evening. She sure looks like she needs a shirt on! Indecent exposure!
tongue.png

6412_turkens_2011_028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom