*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooner it was nice here today too. I finally got the last of the ornamental grasses cut down.Thats no small task,I have 28 clumps of tall grasses! I use a saws-all to cut them down with. Then burned some,put some in soon to be muddy pens and let Piglet have a bunch to play with and bury in the garden!
Went to the feed store OMG ! four sacks of feed was $49.50! Then I went to TCS and got 2 more hog panels to make Piglets pen bigger. They had baby chicks and I almost succumbed but was able to backaway. Those little bantams sure were cute.Looked like silver and golden seabrights. I sure don't need anymore breeds. I need to cut back on breeds as it is. Go back to keeping two breeds and thats it. But I have four breeds that I jsut really don't want to let go!
he.gif

OCarla I would keep the darker one,the other has hairy legs and I'd try and cull that out!lol
Oh boy the chicks out of the second pair ought to be great!

I am with Wayne I like the darker one for the none feathered feet, but the lighter one does seem more Majestic and has a larger presance.

AL

Thanks Wayne and Al for the input on which blue copper olive egger rooster I should keep. Yeah, I guess I don't want "hairy legs" on olive egger frizzles
gig.gif

Here's one more pic of them ... the hairy legged boy sure is purdy though
wink.png

6412_turkens_2011_013.jpg

Quote:
It really is hard to cut down on the birds you really like. It's almost as bad as pulling teeth! The price of feed sure is going up fast though. We keep cutting down on our birds, but our feed bill keeps going up.

Hey, you need some fainting goats to help you trim those ornamental grasses. We've even been feeding our goats trimmings from bushes, and cedar trees! They love to eat everything but the lawn grass. They don't like bermuda grass at all.

hey, whats up guys? Figured I would touch base with some of you okie folks...I am in wellston ok, NE of OKC...I have old english games in the Brown Red, Lemon Blue, Brassy Back and Blue Brassy Back varieties...I also am starting to work with some blue laced red bantam wyandottes...the wife has splash and blue old english, silked seramas and bantam shamos...anyone else local have blue laced red bantam wyandottes?

Carla : Why don't you take the big lighter boy, pluck his toe feathers no harm no foul LOL, Don't ask- Don't tell
wink.png
. He is wider in the chest and that looks better on the big NN's, they are big to start with.

AL

BurkhartBrownRed.JPG

LBSC.JPG

Lemon Blue Sport Cock
lightlemonhen.JPG

brassybackroo.JPG

bluebrassy3.JPG

Blue Brassy Back hen
BBBsporthen.JPG

Blue Brassy Back Sport Hen
Original_Blue_Brassy_Cock.JPG

Blue Brassy Back Cock