*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else's chickens stop laying? I got 5 hens and have been getting 3-4 eggs every day and then only 1 yesterday and none so far today. Wondering if the little weather change had something to do with it or if I got some other problem. I havent changed anything and I have lights in my chicken house.

Also wondering if anybody knows of an auction that happens around SE OK. Ive heard that the Idabel auction has shut down.

I am gettin' bunches of eggs now! Ducks are in full swing...just wich they would remember to leave the mud puddle before laying but I do have one that is a little special...like needs a helmet. Only has one eye and tends to do things that makes you question it...I can't bring myself to get rid of it figured I caused it so I should take care of it...

Quote:
Mine have gone stingy on me too. All during the nastiest cold part of the snow storm, I was getting seven eggs out of 10 layers. Now I am getting four. And now is the time that I am really wanting the eggs, too.

Quote:
oh i see how you are just go behind my back and get susesx from donnie i guess i was wasting my time hatching these out for you then oh well im shure some one elss will whant them

PS. donnie got his susexs from me

Quote:
They've been wormed, checked for mites, had their protein upped and they have access to a small bowl of cat food and a pan of oyster shell. Nobody seems to be feeling under the weather. I thought I had an egg eater for a while, but I haven't found a trace of that since I scrubbed down the coop last week and put golf balls in the nest boxes.

I think the Buckeyes may have heard that I was talking about them, because I just found an "extra" egg a minute ago when I went out there.
smile.png

Quote:
oh i see how you are just go behind my back and get susesx from donnie i guess i was wasting my time hatching these out for you then oh well im shure some one elss will whant them

PS. donnie got his susexs from me

if i know poco, she's not limiting herself to just one group of sussex!
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom