*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
71383_dscf0001.jpg

Built new pens for our Bob White, they are six week old.

Buster - she has been teaching in five different schools strung between Sendai and Shizugawa - so, if he runs his own school he may not know her, but then again, you never know.

Quote:
I sent him a message. Needless to say he has his hands full right now, so it may be a while before he sees it, but when I hear back I'll let you know what he says.

Tell your friend to hang in there.

finally heard from my classmate in Japan- please pray for her and her family- they live near the reactor- here is her note- makes it very personal-

Nuclear power plant near by my home(Fukushima) happen to leak of radioactivity. 
Many people were atom-bombed. (Is it right to say?)Area of my home didn't include dangerous area yet. But it comes soon. 
Government says "it is safe" at conference. I can't believe it and worried my mom and stupid doggy Ponta.
My family and me can survive in Japan, but he...

My heart so hurts;-(

can't imagine what its like-
hide.gif

Last edited:
Vebi - great looking quail pens
thumbsup.gif

Talked to Funchick(Suzy) and her husband Vern. They stayed until the end of the Blanchard auction (their birds didn't sell umtil 2am) and got some great deals on the non-poultry stuff. But it was almost 5 am before they got home (Piedmont). Suzy said to tell everyone hello and they will see us at POOPS.

Last edited:
wee.gif
Official P.O.O.P.S. Sign Up
wee.gif

Please let me know if you are planning to come and how many will be in your group.

Al:------------3
Buckguy:---- 2
Sooner:------ 2
PoultryBees:--3
Cityclucks-----2
Stimpy--------2
Doc Henry----2
Carla/Eggman-2
Okieracefan-- 2
BetsyOK------ 2
Donnie-------- 2
Funchick-------2
PocoPollo------4
Artsy Robi-----2
Greybear------ 4
Mjgigax-------- 2
m.ruzycki------ 2
QueenPeaches- 5
Kwartel-------- 2
Teach--------- 3
Smfamf------- 4
Buster52------2
Nocityboy-----1

Good evening everyone, I see that everyone has been outside enjoying the day considering the lack of chat.

I put my day to good use & got some clean up done outside & cooked two meals this evening. Nothin like getting ahead for tomorrow.

Normally I try to avoid leaving the house during the weekend, but the silly chickens ate up all their food. I drove down to Okmulgee only to find that just about everything was closed on Sundays.
barnie.gif
Orschlens was open, though and I was able to pick up some brooder lamps, bulbs, and peat moss (for the garden) on sale. Grayson wanted the bunnies, but we don't have a hutch for them yet. They don't carry gamebird feed, so I still had to go in the opposite direction to Sapulpa and go to the Atwoods there.

I was able to load up on food and even found the pumpkins seeds that I didn't get with my last seed order (they were backordered). Then I found squashes at the grocery store, so tomorrow we will see if the chickens will eat squash or if I'll be wasting my time growing my own. Squashes and pumpkins are supposed to be a natural wormer/preventative, like garlic, so if they'll eat it I'll grow them as many as they'd like. A good part of my garden planning has been geared toward things that chickens are supposed to like and things that are good for them.

Evening all!!!! How is everyone this evening, have missed a lot this week, it is amazing how we take advantage of some of the things that we do each day untill we don't have them!!! Have you called a friend or loved one today??? I did, talked to my dad, enjoyed our visit, don't get to see him much since he live about 400 miles away!!! Have a great evening and tell someone you love them!!! Lynn
cool.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom