*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You should do a soap how to thing at POOPS! Please!
bow.gif

She probably wont make it to POOPS.... We need an instructional video...

I bumped the soap makers help thread up in the hobbies and added a list of supplies a firt timer would need.

I started small and worked up. It can be a science to get more lather, etc.

As for cost...I haven't bought store bought soaps in over 5 years now. I give a lot away as Christmas gifts. I can make a basic oil, lye, water bar for about 25 cents a bar. The cost goes up for the different essential oils and the number of oils you add to your recipe. and the cost of packaging. A 4.5 oz bar can run you $5.50 and up at the special markets. I can make 20 bars at a time of a "better" soap with several essential oils, 5 different oils, milk bar for about 1/2 that.
I've even used chicken fat in one of my recipes.

Quote:
Where is mine?

If this laundry soap turns out good and I like it I will show you how to make it Misty. I have to wait 24 hours
sad.png

I will tell her you want some!

Thanks I will try it but with her excema I have to be careful.

We all have sensitive skin here, most detergents make us itch so I havent switched brand. I figure if it doesnt make us itch we are good to go!

Quote:
Who's Richard Besser?

lol, I will take that as a no...he has brown red OE and bantam shamos and bantam aseels, lives up in the cleveland/tulsa area...carl knows him, you apparently dont....last time I got with him I did a delivery both ways for carl and richard...

Quote:
I am sure we will get some, talkin my wife out of them may be the key, lol...any that come out plain black she will probably get rid of, but her silkied hens have not started layin yet...

Quote:

I bumped the soap makers help thread up in the hobbies and added a list of supplies a firt timer would need.

As for cost...I haven't bought store bought soaps in over 5 years now. I give a lot away as Christmas gifts. I can make a basic oil, lye, water bar for about 25 cents a bar. The cost goes up for the different essential oils and the number of oils you add to your recipe. and the cost of packaging. A 4.5 oz bar can run you $5.50 and up at the special markets. I can make 20 bars at a time of a "better" soap with several essential oils, 5 different oils, milk bar for about 1/2 that.

Hey at .25 a bar i think I can do that! Even adding a little sent so long as i dont over do it for just us I can get away with for under a buck I'm good. Soap at store is a dollar or more a bar, and thats the cheaper stuff.

Quote:
Who's Richard Besser?

lol, I will take that as a no...he has brown red OE and bantam shamos and bantam aseels, lives up in the cleveland/tulsa area...carl knows him, you apparently dont....last time I got with him I did a delivery both ways for carl and richard...

Oh, Splitsocket! Nope dont need anything.

Quote:

Are you saying that 20 bars is half the 5.50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom