*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Wow Les - I don't remember you as having an extra 50 pounds you could afford to lose. I'm so, so glad you're getting better - hoping for a quick recovery with very little pain.
hugs.gif

Quote:
What auction was this at, and how often is it?

that is chupps on 412 in inola it is the first satterday of the mounth and they start selling chickens at 8:30 if you bring birds you need to get there about 6:30/7:00 am the next sell is may the 7th hope to see you there

Oh, ok. Inola is only an hour and a half from here, will try to make it for the next one...dont have anything to sell and not shopping but hey, still be fun...

went to tsc and got chicks today!!! asst pullets. may try to post some pics on here and see if you guys can help me and tell me what breeds i got!!

Congrats on the sale Joe. Your prices were higher than here on the bantams. For some reason bantams were off at this sale. Other things were high tho. Silly Easter bunnys,some not even old enoug to wean were bringing $15-20 each,for just crossbreds! I bought a grown silver martin buck for $4. P&B there were some 8 week old Sandy flemish that sold for $15-19 each. They were BIG babys!
Okay here are some pics.
19588_sale_apr_2_009.jpg

19588_sale_apr_2_006.jpg

19588_sale_apr_2_005.jpg

It was bigger than ever before. Proably 4-5 thousand people! and at least that many birds! Some people went for the poultry,some for the junk,household,some for machinery,etc They had seven auctioneers going.

Doc Henry this is the first time I ever saw these at an auction. I heard one pair only brought $150! It cut the buyers back when they announced you had to have a federal permit to buy them. I didn't know they were so big!
19588_sale_apr_2_001.jpg

I always enjoy looking at the horses and buggys. They also auctioned off a lot of new and old buggys and wagons and such. The young boys enjoy their minature rides!lo
19588_sale_apr_2_007.jpg

19588_sale_apr_2_008.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
look like fun okla bunnys and hamsters whent high here aswell some littel bunnys sold for 51$ yes 51$ and they whent show bunnys ether just cute and kid whated ester bunys my frend had some hapsters that sold for 18.00
ep.gif
hampsters are just rats right ?? LOL hatching eggs sold low only 3/5 a doz
barnie.gif
but i was not bringing them back home i have eggs up to my eyeballs now
he.gif
never knew have so manny eggs could be such a hasel LOL

Just left the Cement sale. Didn't buy much but did end up getting GotGame's banny red-laced Cornish that he sold to Mike but I bought them after the sale. Sorry MM!! So see Matt I ended up with them anyways!

It's was fun to visit with Teach, Al seemed still not up to par (poor guy) hope he gets better after this surgery. Didn't get to talk to Carla and Gerald much but as always good to see them. Renia's new look was awesome! Love her hair. She was so busy.

Had a fun evening goofing off (Renia shut your mouth)! Good weather to be fishing! But gonna head back to MWC and put up birds, turn eggs and relax watching tv.

I bought 2 pair of young Golden Campines. I always wanted some. Now I have to decide weather to just keep a trio or go ahead and keep two pair
19588_sale_apr_2_017.jpg

I also bought a trio of mottled OE bantam. to go with the hen I had. She is much better quality as you can see in the photo, but thats alright,they are just for fun anyway,I love mottled birds
19588_sale_apr_2_018.jpg

Then here are the big hens I traded the pig for. Except fore the two nn bantams,there is also a big roo that goes with these big hens. They will go to the next auction.
19588_sale_apr_2_015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom