*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got game,if you don't find a home for them I think there are some Henry boys looking for some at poops. Maybe you could talk Monte into keeping them for them till then!

Quote:
yeah i worked earlier today , and already got my assignment for class tonight , otherwise i would be in class right now , since i needed to come home to lock the animals up before the storm .... so far so good , got to feed cat food and higher protein feeds and such to the new ones to help speed up feather growth , since most of them are missing their tail feathers and such either they are all going thru a heavy molt , pecking issues or the boxers there were chasing birds and pulling feathers from tails , but other than that they are great

Quote:
nice , that looks great ..... you will totally enjoy that coop as well as the birds

They are enjoying not having to share with the chickens and now, since they are away from the driveway, they will stop screaming at the trash truck and the UPS man and every other unsuspecting motorist that happens to drive by.
hide.gif

but the noise is so awesome

Kwartel did you put a top cover on the runs? In the pic it doesn't look like it is on yet. I would be sure they would fly out unless their wings are clipped.
They are calling for a wild night here due to storms to Donnie. We have had terrible winds all day.

Weeded the asparagus beds this morning.
Cooked breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen.
Did two loads of laundry.
Moved the chicken manure compost that was stored in sacks out to the garden....love the automatic Kubota!
Moved the brooder cage into the growout pen on a raised platform and settled 14 chicks that are a month old inside it....it's still inside the barn doorway.
Made a contact for hay and hubby and his brother picked up the first 39 round bales.
Took some pic of the chickens and will post tonight.
Moved the cow/pairs from the SE 40 to the NW 40 where there is water for the night and counted to make sure all 35 calves were present and accounted for.
Dinner is in the oven and showered with a cold cola.
caf.gif

How was your day?

Quote:
nice , sounds like you got alot accomplished today

ive been sore as all get out today , i peeled tile off the floors at work for 6 hours yesterday , took my muscle relaxer to help loosen up a little today , and then my blood sugar dropped so i had to get something to eat , got assignments from teachers , and came home relaxed for a few , then went out , feed and watered the chickens , horses , dogs , cats etc... and made sure everyone is set for dusk when i lock them up

Quote:
Oh, it's on there! It just doesn't show up very well in that second photo. Otherwise those two would be long gone on the hunt for some ladies.

Quote:
How much and how long do you feed cat food? Does it need to be crushed or dampened for the chickens to eat it?
Have you ever tried DuraLife Hi-Protein dog food? At 28% protein is that too high?

Quote:
nice , sounds like you got alot accomplished today

ive been sore as all get out today , i peeled tile off the floors at work for 6 hours yesterday , took my muscle relaxer to help loosen up a little today , and then my blood sugar dropped so i had to get something to eat , got assignments from teachers , and came home relaxed for a few , then went out , feed and watered the chickens , horses , dogs , cats etc... and made sure everyone is set for dusk when i lock them up

What would we do without our muscle relaxers, pain meds. You have been busy too!
It's a good tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom