*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuban, do these help any?
The hen is possibly a Red SexLink...good comparison on his size.
23941_studley_2.jpg

The pen fence might be in the way but the lighting was good...
23941_studley_3.jpg

Just stack one on top of the other for a planter or mini raised bed. They make great retaining walls or can be used to make a good round pen if you have like a million of them, be creative, I hang them on the sides of my pig pens sometimes to amuse them, they bumpum and rub onum and sometimes I just throw one in the pen and throw their feed in it to give them something to root around besides the pen pannels, you can use one with the side filled with dirt or hay and put a black rubber tub in it to feed or water animals in!!! Lots of ideas!!! Lynn
lol.png
roll.png
cool.png

Quote:
I am on my second layer too, I just did the top layer of tires, I left the bottom alone. I would strongly suggest using brownie points, or baking brownies as reward or something, it takes some effort, but us doable. More upper body strength would definately be better.

Can someone post a picture of this tire planter...I swear the old owner of this property collected tires, we have them everywhere and no way to get rid of them!
Would be great to find a use for them.

Quote:
I am on my second layer too, I just did the top layer of tires, I left the bottom alone. I would strongly suggest using brownie points, or baking brownies as reward or something, it takes some effort, but us doable. More upper body strength would definately be better.

Can someone post a picture of this tire planter...I swear the old owner of this property collected tires, we have them everywhere and no way to get rid of them!
Would be great to find a use for them.

You plant first, allow the potatoe plant to come up and add a tire as it grows at least 10 inches above the ground, add additional tires and dirt to make th eplant grow taller and it sets new roots and grows more potatoes from what was the green stalk. We used 5 gallon buckets instead of tires both work well. When you are ready to harvest a stack you kick it over, new potatoes on the space closest to the top and they get bigger as you go down the stack. I have seen these as high as 4 ft.

Quote:
Most likely a black sexlink breed to a black sex link. They do not breed true as the sex link is a cross but they still lay eggs.

Last edited:
Quote:
Bought him at Atwoods in Shawnee. I think they get their chicks from Ideal or McMurray. The bin wasn't labeled and the girl that helped me didn't know her birds. She told me he was Buff Orpington, but the comb isn't right.
Thor has a really small comb and hardly any wattle.
Here is another photo of him.
23941_thor_1.jpg

Oh my gosh...Thor is "rough" looking next to this guy!

http://redstagacres.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=29703546

Last edited:
Quote:
Sounds like a commercial advertisement opportunity. "We aren't saying that our tires are better than yours, but our tires are more difficult to cut into with a knife."
gig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom