*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Carla! I wish I had your problem. I get alot of eggs but nothing like that.

Al sorry about that! What are you doing this morning????

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You have found a wonderful group of folks who either live in Oklahoma or wish they lived in Oklahoma.
smile.png

Since someone has already warned you about the "enablers" on this thread - what kind of poultry do you have and what kind would you like to acquire? Have you ever been to a poultry auction? Would you like to go to one?
D.gif

City - Talked to the folks at the Admiral Flea Market. Nobody outside selling or shopping when I called, so I'm not driving to the city to sit in a rainy parking lot today. I will see you on Thursday.

Al - I've figured it out. The rain scheduled for Elgin was misdirected to Haskell. You can come collect it if you can figure out how to get the ground to give it back.

I'm headed back outside to be sure everyone is staying dry. I have some teens who keep standing in the rain. If they would wear rain gear I'd be okay with it, but the silly cluckers would rather scratch around during a downpour than take a step back to be under an awning.

Quote:
I am going to try and finish tweeking the outdoor brooder pens and get the little ones moved. Then if Laura or Alyssa don't need me to do anything I want to try and make blanchard, not sure yet though. I also have to go into Lawton to look at bidding a job sometime today.

AL

Quote:
I will definitely have lots of both there!

And chicks and chicken hatching eggs. I think we have several hundred eggs due to hatch within the next few weeks, including some muscovy ducklings which will be a first for us.

I hope muscovy don't need some special conditions other than taking 35-37 days to hatch. Does anyone know?

Well, we're headed out this morning to Horn Seed Company this morning. They're having a big sale today, celebrating 80 (I think) years in operation in Oklahoma City. I love to buy plants and seeds!

Hopefully we'll get to go to the Blanchard auction tonight & sell some hatching eggs. Gerald just washed over 200 yesterday alone
th.gif
Our birds are in full production now. Actually, I hope our little shower we had this morning will slow them down. We're running out of places to stack the trays of eggs!

Let me know if you need any paper pulp flats for the eggs. I have a huge stack and you are welcome to them.

YES! YES! YES!
smile.png
We could sure use some!

I've been using them to hatch the eggs in our sportsman incubator too.

Carla,
If you are going to Blanchard tonight we will try and stop by for awhile on our way home from Dean's High School reunion - his 50th
yippiechickie.gif
I have lots of egg flats and will put them into the car.
Dean rolled his eyes when I suggested we stop and wanted to know what I hope to buy. I don't "need" anything, but it is sure fun to visit.

Howdy!

took old and cracked eggs to the girls this morning....they think I am the bomb! took 6 more chicks out to the brooder so apparently I am a great mover of full incubators! And really lucky! I think I know why our ag teacher was having poor hatches...I have reset conditions to get hatches!

Al...did I hear tell you needed quail trays? like paper ones??? I know this guy that used to hatch hundreds of quail
wink.png

gonna do some cleaning and re-arranging today!

Okla - you like white birds???

Last edited:
Quote:
No was refering to what I plan on Donating some quail related items to POOPS.

Morning all, it is wet wet wet here, what a nice change we needed rain and definetly got it, it hasn't quit yet just a nice slow drizzle that soaks the ground. I really like the idea that it will turn everything back to green but now we will have to mow again.
so who all is going to Balnchard this evening?

Morning all, feeling some better today, took it easy yesterday, got up late this morning, took a pig up to the petting zoo for the Easter Celebration here today! Now gotta get ready and take Heather up there to play and hunt Easter eggs later, yall have a blessed day, back on later, Lynn
cool.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom